Wednesday, November 9, 2011

2 days

This week has finally arrived. Two days, Friday, I get to take a medicated nap while a doctor tries to figure out what's going on with my stomach. I have not thought about this day until yesterday. I was working and out of no where, so it seemed, I felt my body begin to panic. I was pre-registering surgeries and in the back of my mind started to think about my own impending procedure. Thoughts of being sedated and the unknown flooded my mind. I tried to crush those thoughts away and focus on the patients in my office. The thoughts subsided, for the time, but my body reacted. I felt my chest get tight with heavy pain and my breathing was labored. For a moment I didn't know what to think, but then I realized I was having a panic attack. My body has not reacted this strongly to my anxiety in a long time. I just kept breathing through the pressure and praying that the patient wouldn't notice. Somehow, by the grace of God, I'm sure, I pressed through a rush of registrations.

I'm really quite nervous! I had no idea how anxious I was about this until the attack came on. Talking about it makes it easier and less worrisome. Also, thousands of people go through this procedure everyday. I will be okay! I just keep telling myself over and over. I'm much more calm about it. The only dread I have is drinking the magnesium citrate tomorrow night. YUCK!! Please pray friends, that the doctor finds out exactly what's going on, how to fix it, and that I'm not a crying nervous wreck Friday morning. B's mom is coming to stay with Logan. I love her so much! I feel so blessed to have such great family and friends supporting me through this, including all you blog friends. Bless you all!

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!