Thursday, November 10, 2011

21 Questions with Dana

This week's featured blogger is Dana from Hancock Heir. She is an awesome mama to sweet boy Aydan who is just a few months younger than Logan. I've followed her blog for nearly 2 years now (GASP!) and have yet to meet. Maybe that should be your bucket list item! ;) Enjoy!

  1. What is your #1 bucket list to-do item?Can you believe I actually don’t have a “bucket list”?  I can’t decide if it’s because I don’t want to feel like a failure when half of the list probably won’t ever get checked off – or if it’s because the things I want to do/accomplish are always changing.  But I must travel to Australia one day!

  2. What is the worst injury/illness you’ve ever had?This is an easy one – Meningitis!  In 2004 I had the worst headache ever!!!!!  Seriously…..thought I was going to die!  I was throwing up just about every hour. I felt like this for days (2 or 3 I think) before I went to urgent care….who told me to immediately go to the hospital because I might be bleeding in the brain.  Nope – I’m stubborn and didn’t want pay for that medical bill when I was convinced I had my very first migraine.  My mom finally convinced my boyfriend (now hubby) to take me to the emergency room.  After a cat-scan, numerous tests and a spinal tap they found meningitis!

  3. Do you collect anything?Not unless you count shoes and purses

  4. What is your guilty pleasure TV show?Vampire Diaries!  And it’s an extra plus that the boys are yummy!

  5. What is the most special thing your spouse has ever done for you?He’s pretty sweet all the time.  I get flowers for no special reason.  We go out to romantic dinners not only for special occasions – but just because we need a night out.  He watches Aydan quiet often so I can go out with the girls.  He’s actually pretty thoughtful J

  6. Do you believe in ghosts?Sure – while I’ve never experienced an encounter and hope I never do – I definitely believe in spirits.

  7. What does your exercise routine look like?“Routine?”  Blahahahahaha.  No – so I have a habit of doing a work out (lately it has been one of Jillian Michael’s video) hard core for about a month and then I totally slack off and do nothing for about a month.  I do Zumba every Monday and love it!

  8. If you could witness an event past, present or future, what would it be?No specific event – but I would like to go back in time and live in each era for a while – 1800’s, 20’s, 50’s, 60’s. 

  9. If you could change anything about your high school/college experience what would it be?  Is it crazy that I actually wouldn’t change anything?  I actually liked both high school and college.  In high school I was active in dance and band (yes – I was a band dork) and had a great group of girlfriends.  In college I grew, did ok in school – but again – had a GREAT time and had a good group of friends.  I know it’s cliché – but I think that all the experiences in my past have made me who I am today.  And I like who I am today J

  10. What season do you enjoy most?Fall!  That’s why I got married in October.  I like the weather where I can wear a scarf but no big winter jacket.  I love the colors when all the leaves turn to orange and red.

  11. What celebrity do you most look like?I’ve heard so many – Angie Harman, Sandra Bullock, and when I was younger – Celine Dion.

  12. What band/singer are you enjoying most right now?Adele – I love singer at the top of my lungs along with her in my car  (I’m sure my husband doesn’t feel the same way).

  13. Do you implement any of the things your parents taught you into your parenting style?Patience.  And really – just letting kids be kids.  Not to worry too much and the milestones they are supposed to reach at certain age – just let them grow and learn at their own pace and let them be kids!

  14. What is/are your family traditions? Opening one present on Christmas Eve, waking up really really early to open the rest on Christmas morning.  It has become me and Michael’s tradition to get up about 3am Black Friday and go out for one item. 

  15. What is the best parenting advice you’ve ever received?I can’t think of any right now!!!  I guess it would that they grow up so fast to just really enjoy it and don’t take it for granted.  And……take lots of photos – something I definitely listened to!

  16. What was the best gift ever given to you/that you gave?I really love my Panadora bracelets (I’m on my 2nd one).  I have charms from my husband, my parents and even a few friends.  So it is very special to me.  And I remember who gave me each charm and the reason behind each one!  The baby carriage charm is even how I told some friends that I was pregnant – told them I had a new charm and showed them it!  A lot of squeals were heard!

  17. Have you and your spouse written a will?No – and we keep saying that we need to.

  18. If you could change one thing about your wedding day what would it be.  Our caterer!  The food was alright – but she was a crazy lady!  While we were getting pictures taken and the guest were to enjoy cocktail hour – she wouldn’t let anyone upstairs to get a drink.  Said it was off limits!  They were supposed to provide the bartender – but nope – my friends had to pour their own wine and get their own beer) no big really).  But then Michael and I left a little early, so when everyone was downstairs seeing us off – they started cleaning up and closed down the party.  She got a little hate mail form me.

  19. What have you done that you said you’d never do as a parent?Lick my finger to wipe something off Aydan’s face!  I always said I would never do it – ewww.gross!  But yup.  I have found myself doing this multiple times!

  20. How long have you been married?We just celebrated our 3 year anniversary

  21. Do you want more children?Definitely.  I absolutely want at least one more.  Then we will revisit and decide if we want one more or stick with 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!