Saturday, February 19, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

>
I am a terrible wife and blogger in that I completely FORGOT my camera for this oh so amazing evening. At least it will live on in our hearts and minds forever, kind of like our 1st honeymoon (camping without camera).

Anyway, this is quite the special Valentine's Day, but for a long time there I thought it would just be another normal night at home with Logan, which I was somewhat dreading. It is not very often that my hubby and I get a chance to have a night alone to talk about things other than Logan and work. I was craving a night to ourselves even if it meant just a nice dinner for an hour with a babysitter at home.

A few weeks back I told B how much I would love to recreate our first date sometime this year. Our first date anniversary is on February 23rd and being that Valentine's day is just a week prior I am okay with combining both of the celebrations. I enjoy our anniversary more anyway.

On Sunday night I had resolved that we would be taking Logan with us to a nice dinner. I kept asking B if he wanted the sitter's phone number and he kept saying he didn't need it. I was annoyed that of the two or three dates out of the year for us to have an excuse to a nice night out alone he was not taking full advantage of it! B had been very evasive about our plans and was not indicating what or where we would be going. I was okay with a nice surprise, but I was still frustrated that Logan was going to be coming along. Give me a break! I wanted a night ALONE with my hubby!!

So late on Sunday night B offered to give me a back rub, which he rarely ever does. I was elated! As I was laying there we were talking about Valentine's Day and he asked if I would like to know what we were doing. Of course I said yes! He had been stringing me along for two weeks! Tell me already! Then, out of no where, he said that I needed to pack an over night bag for all of us. That we were spending the night with his mom in Denver. That she would be babysitting Logan while we had our night on the town, recreating our first date!! I WAS SO SURPRISED!!! Hence, why we didn't need a sitter! I could not stop smiling and laughing. It is not very often that B surprises me with something like this and it felt so good to feel so loved.

On Valentine's Day, I got us ready to go while B worked. I cleaned up the house and bathed Logan. Packed a light bag and waited for him to come home. We left around 3:30pm and arrived at my mother in laws around 5pm. We quickly changed our clothes, gave Logan a kiss goodbye, and headed for the light rail. Finally, ALONE with B!!

The light rail took us a good half hour to get down town which is really no different than driving. We stepped off on California Street and headed straight for the Tilted Kilt, a better version of Hooters. The food, the service, the drinks were amazing!! Even our server gave us a free app because she was a few minutes late taking our order. We gushed over each other and B broke his no PDA rule countless times. It was so sweet.

Later, we headed over to the movie theater. We had been bowling the night before and while that was apart of our original date night, we both wanted to see a movie instead (which, on our first date we wanted to see a movie but didn't have the time). We saw Just Go With It with Jennifer Anniston and Adam Sandler. It was awesome! So funny and cute. Way better than I was expecting.

By the time we got home it was 11:30pm and we were spent! The night was perfect and having that special time with B was more than needed. Our relationship is renewed, again, and our love is on fire. I love him with every fiber of my being and I am so proud to call him my husband.

2 comments:

Leave some Lovin!