Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A BIG Birthday Post

>I have not been this busy in so long! Last week was awesome and I apologize for my lack of posts. I really hate when I can't get a post up everyday, let alone a week! Here is a giant recap of Logan's 1st Birthday in pictures. I will have a few other posts up later today so keep checking back! Enjoy!


We started our day off with some yummy pancakes! Logan LOVED the sweet treat I added to his. 


Nom nom nom!


Big boy and his monkey at 12 months old! This was the only photo I got of him actually kinda smiling. 


We went to a playhouse in town and had some fun burning off energy! It was barely 10* on his birthday! BURRR!




Friday night we had a party! Here is the table we set up. I have a post coming on those delicious cupcakes!


(Okay blogland, why is my picture not orienting correctly?? I can't figure it out!)
Logan did not disappoint! He dove right into his colossal cupcake and loved it!




We opened presents and Logan was on his last leg. He was so tired and barely made it through all the gifts! Some of his favorites have been a giant bag of legos from his BFF, a see and say from Gma Mac, and lots of books! 

I have some advice for those of you whose babes are nearing the one year mark and I'm sure you're franticly trying to pick a theme, the menu, and decorations out. 
  1. Lower your expectations: I started out with HUGE expectations, thinking that we would have 50 people and tons of kids. I sent out invitations about 3 weeks prior to the date and quickly got "I have other plans" type of responses. The wind in my sail quickly disappeared. So I moved the event to my parents house and tried to think as minimally as possible.
  2. SEND REAL INVITES! I thought it would be more 20th century of me to send evites. Everyone I know has email, it's free and there are really cute designs out there. I think I sent them too early and not even half of the people I sent it to even gave any kind of response.
  3. It's a FIRST birthday, NOT his 21st. We said no alcohol. This was not a problem, although after I spent a few hundred on decorations, food, balloons, gifts, etc I was ready for a drink. Especially when people who RSVPed did not even show up. Of the 50 or so invites I sent out, about 12 showed up.
There is more, but these are the important points. I wish I could say I was 100% happy with how things turned out, but I'm not. I was a little disappointed about some of the above things and it was hard to ignore. I am very proud of how much fun we had, despite any issues, and Logan seemed to love it no matter what. That is what counts.

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!