Tuesday, February 8, 2011

To Logan, on your Birthday

>
 


This time one year ago I was anxiously awaiting your arrival. You were rolling around in my tummy, reminding me every so often how great my love for you was even before our faces met each other. I spent most of my time walking, drinking lots of water and resting, knowing full well that any combination of these things could bring you into my arms.

When we learned that your due date was February 1st and we told Gama Lolly and Pop, Pop predicted that you would come on February 8th, his parent's wedding anniversary. I quickly dismissed his prediction because there was no way I would be a week overdue. Well, it seems that your great-grandparents had other ideas and sure enough your arrival began at 12:01am on February 8th. The moment you were placed in on my chest my heart exploded. I never could have imagined how much love I instantly had for you until that moment. Your father and I had our biggest dream come true to be parents. Having a son first was another part of that dream and your name had been picked long ago. We knew that you were for us, that we were for each other.

On your birthday I wish for you to always feel how much we love you, how much your family and friends love you and that you never doubt it. You are growing so quickly into a true little boy, loving your matchbox cars, Dinosaur Train, and any food placed before you. You are so close to walking. Your world is going to explode once you take your first independent steps and we know it won't be long! You are learning things like what all your body parts are, that your socks go on your feet, and that you favor mama and daddy way more than anyone else.

Thank you Logan for changing our lives. You enrich each day even more than the next and we cannot wait to see what your next year has in store. We love you and wish you the best first birthday ever!

Love,


Mama & Daddy

2 comments:

Leave some Lovin!