Saturday, December 4, 2010

Out of Order

>
So this morning, I was taking a shower and I am sure there are many of you out there like me in that you have a routine in the shower. I for one, have very few routines in general and the fact that I actually stick to one in the shower is seriously saying something about how important it is for me to stick to it.

Logan does not even have a solid routine. I've tried. If I cannot commit to it, then it won't happen.

Anyway, I woke up completely exhausted. Logan had a super rough night with his cold, waking up every 2 hours or so crying. (And then this morning, B reminded me that we never fed him dinner, just a bottle before bed last night. Cue guilty mommy tears!) Poor kid is so stuffy he can't even suck on his paci.


I hopped in the shower and kept cranking up the heat. I love a hot shower on cold mornings. For whatever reason, I grabbed my lufa to scrub down first without even thinking. SO NOT APART OF MY ROUTINE! Because I did that, I almost forgot to even wash my hair. And now my whole day has been screwy all because my morning shower routine was screwed up. WTF? I am never like that.


So what is my routine, you ask? I'll tell you:


1) Get in, rinse down

2) Lather and wash hair, rinse

3) Lather and condition hair

4) Wash body, rinse conditioner out

5) Wash face

Now here is where it's okay to do things differently. I absolutly hate shaving. It is by far the biggest waste of time and for what? Two days of softies. Not worth it to me OR B. I'm lucky like that. However, this is the time when I would shave, if I felt inclinded to. And if not, then I might just stand in the shower a minute or two longer warming up before turning the water off and stepping into the brisk, steamy air. I almost always make the mistake of forgeting to turn the heat off so that when I get out of the shower dripping wet I am not met by a breeze of air coming through the vent. AND I hate leaving the vent on in the bathroom. For one, it is too loud. It freaks me out to think that it might muffle a noise I should be listening for (what noise? a burgler or my crying baby, of course!). And two, it makes me cold. Once I pat down, I then brush my teeth and my hair, naked of course, and proceed to get ready for my day.

All this to say that when the one thing I practice routinely is out of whack, my whole day follows. It's not been bad, just off. So tonight we are going to spend the night in and, fingers crossed, we'll all get good sleep tonight. I just have to remember to feed Logan dinner... ;)

3 comments:

Leave some Lovin!