Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Of Croup and Losing Weight

>
Last I wrote I had mentioned that Logan was trying to kick some kind of cold. I took him to the doc on Friday and by Saturday it was clear he was starting to feel better. We kept our plans to go to Denver on Sunday and we had a great time at the party. Again, Logan still had a stuffy nose but was otherwise in good spirits. He went to bed fine and slept through the night just fine (although I can't say the same for B who enjoyed himself a little too much at the party...).

Monday morning we left early to head home and Logan kept coughing. He's done this before with the 1-2 minor colds he has had in his short life, however, by noon it was clear that this was not the same thing. He wouldn't sleep, and if he did he wouldn't lay down. He cried for 2 hours straight. I had to hold and rock him. He didn't want to eat hardly anything and playing was out of the question. I tried feeding him dinner at one point and he was shaking. Yes, shaking. Like he was cold. I had just changed his clothes and he was in a warm sleeper. He began to spit his food out so I called my dear friend Megan asking for counsel on what to do. She is a veteran momma of 3 beautiful boys and I knew she would know what to do. Thing is, I had been doing just about everything she had suggested and still no luck.

I gave Logan some Motrin and took his temp. He was 98.6 and not even a half hour later (just before I gave him the meds) he was up to 101.4. He was coughing so bad he could hardly catch his breath. I was quickly thrown into mommy freak out mode and called my mom. I then called the Urgent Care nurse and she said to just keep an eye on him and if his fever got worse or he started puking, to bring him in. Thankfully, he fell asleep and only woke up twice in the night.

This morning, same story. He was coughing and just kept crying. He just cried and cried until he fell asleep. I called my mom again since B had the car and she agreed to come pick us up so I could take him to the doc. Good thing I did! He has the start of croup. We caught it early enough that I think the meds will kick in soon and he will feel much better tomorrow. He is on an antibiotic and a steroid. Poor guy. Having a sick baby is so hard. I am exhausted and not to mention that both B and I have sore throats. Something is going around.

In other news, I have been a little MIA not only because I am nursing a sick baby but because said baby chewed our charge cord and it died. So I grabbed some extra cash we had and bought a new one. Note to self: hide everything!

ALSO, I need to brag a minute. When I went into L&D to give birth to Logan, I weighed 181. YES! Can you believe that?! Then it took me a good 5 months to go down to about 135. 131 was my prepreg weight and the month before I conceived, I was 130. On Sunday while in Denver I took a shower and my MIL has a scale in her bathroom. I was naked and wanted a true, just-had-a-poo-weight and....**drumroll please** I weigh 127!!! I have not been under 130 in I cannot even tell you how long! At least since before I was married. I think I was right around 128-130 when we got married. I am so effing happy. I thank my genes for being so gracious to me. Because honestly, eating salads everyday for lunch and only having my meats and protein for dinners, along with the occasional run (see side bar), I did not do much to get there. HOWEVER, I will say that just because I am that weight, there is quite a bit of jig going on in the thigh/ass area. Indeed, there is some toning up to do. But now I know what I need to do! Ahh, feels great!

And lastly, I have so many friends who are pregnant or just having new babies and it is giving me serious baby fever. Yet, I just realized today that it is not the little baby that I want right now (yes, later on, but not NOW). It's the experience of making a baby and giving birth that I want again. So, now that I know that I know that I can wait another year or so before we try for another. Some friend of my MIL told me on Sunday: "Don't ever let your financial status rule your need to grow a family. Your needs WILL be met. You must trust in Him. He will provide." Wow. Talk about profound advice! While I am a little hesitant to throw all caution to the wind, I appreciated hearing it.

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!