Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Time in Photos

As I'm sure you've noticed, I really cannot find a layout I am happy with right now. Wordpress is great, but the selection of layouts is not so much. Bare with me!

Our Christmas season starts a few weeks before Christmas when we get everything set up at home and celebrate with a number of different families over the course of several days. I love how close we are to our family and that we were able to have a wonderful, relaxing time together. Happy Christmas and Merry New Year! CHEERS!

Christmas Eve:

I worked and was able to leave early. Came home and B and I prepared our house for his mom's arrival. After she arrived, we decided to head downtown for a fancy dinner. We ate at my most favorite restaurant our little town has. I had an amazing salmon dish, something I don't get to eat very often! Then we went home, relaxed and watched It's a Wonderful Life.

Christmas Morning:

Logan woke up just before 7am and quickly discovered that Santa had come by the house. He said Santa told him "Thank you" and he was so happy for all his new presents! We spent a quiet morning opening presents, sipping on coffee, eating an amazing breakfast made by B and resting.

Later, we played with Legos and had a lovely Christmas Day dinner of steak (our new tradition), veggies and fruit salad. We topped off the evening by watching another movie and then packing for our trip to Steamboat (we were married there).

[caption id="attachment_3256" align="aligncenter" width="200"]Christmas Morning! Christmas Morning![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3257" align="aligncenter" width="200"]Santa did good! Santa did good![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3258" align="aligncenter" width="200"]Grandma Mac gave Logan a new trike! Grandma Mac gave Logan a new trike![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3259" align="aligncenter" width="200"]B got a new saw. B got a new saw.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3260" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Music! Music![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3261" align="aligncenter" width="300"]I got new lamps! I got new lamps![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3262" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Art supplies! Art supplies![/caption]

DSC00170 DSC00172

[caption id="attachment_3265" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Lego time. Lego time.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3266" align="aligncenter" width="200"]All of us built something awesome. All of us built something awesome.[/caption]

Day after Christmas:

We headed to Steamboat after I worked for a few hours. The drive up the mountains was beautiful and easy. It was our first time through the canyon since the huge fire earlier this summer and it was devastating to see how much land has been torched. Upon our arrival in Steamboat, we had drinks and dinner with our extended family (my aunt and uncle whose house is in New Jersey). The visiting was lovely! B and all our cousins tried to go sledding that night down the mountain but there was a mix up with reservations. So they came back and we continued our evening back at our hotel room where we opened presents with my parents and brother. It was so nice and relaxing! Logan got an amazing light up/legos type of game that he loves! And B and I got a new camera!! I have been borrowing my dad's for the last few years to take good quality photos so I can now join the ranks of amateur photographers with a professional camera at my eye.

 

[caption id="attachment_3267" align="aligncenter" width="300"]First day in Steamboat (and first photo with my new camera!) First day in Steamboat (and first photo with my new camera!)[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3268" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Playing with his awesome new lights. Playing with his awesome new lights.[/caption]

IMG_3506

[caption id="attachment_3270" align="aligncenter" width="200"]Silly man. Silly man.[/caption]

Thursday:

B treated himself to a day of snowboarding up on the snowy mountain! Fresh powder covered the slopes and B says it was the best day boarding he had ever had! Though he is quite sore, he deserved that day up in the "pow" as locals call it.

I spent the morning with Logan and my mom. We walked around downtown, I got a memory card and camera case and quickly starting snapping photos. That afternoon we had to deal with a ton of family drama, but who doesn't have family drama?! Suffice it to say that everything will be okay, but it did hinder my nap time.

Thursday night we all bundled up and took a very bumpy ride deep into the mountains to a ranch where we were dropped off at a cabin. There we had hot cocoa and apps while we waited for our sleigh ride up to the teepee where we would be having our dinner. The ride was incredible! The moon was full and you could barely see it through the snow and clouds. The air was bitterly cold, but we were covered in wool blankets. Logan loved it! We arrived 10 minutes later and entered a very warm teepee with tables and a fire in the middle where we would be spending the next 2 hours eating our meal. The food was divine! We then got back on the sleigh and went back to the cabin where we had dessert and headed back down the mountain into town.

[caption id="attachment_3271" align="aligncenter" width="300"]It snowed every day we were in town. So beautiful! It snowed every day we were in town. So beautiful![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3272" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Daddy and Logan on the sleigh ride! Daddy and Logan on the sleigh ride![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3273" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Our transportation. Our transportation.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3274" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Inside the teepee. Inside the teepee.[/caption]

IMG_3538

[caption id="attachment_3276" align="aligncenter" width="200"]Keeping warm by the fire. Keeping warm by the fire.[/caption]

Friday we spent most of the day relaxing. My extended family headed home a day early due to some nasty weather on the East Coast. We played with our new toys, took nap, I had an incredible massage at the spa and that night we had dinner with my brother at a local Irish pub. Our last day was just what we all needed!

Saturday morning B let me sleep in a bit until I was ready to get up and start packing for our ride back home. The drive is a good 3-4 hours and was beautiful! The sun had come out for the first time in days which made the snowy trees glisten! I was so sad to leave our respit! The time off from work has been just what my soul has needed to restore balance and drive. Three more weeks and I am back to school! Hope you all had a great week!

[caption id="attachment_3277" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Moon setting over the mountains. Moon setting over the mountains.[/caption]

IMG_3577

[caption id="attachment_3279" align="aligncenter" width="300"]I love this photo I snapped on our way home. I love this photo I snapped on our way home.[/caption]

IMG_3586

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!