Sunday, August 19, 2012

Melt down

As I mentioned last week, it was a tough one. In short, there will soon be seven people living under our roof. That includes B, me, and Logan. Seven mouths to feed and probably seven loads of laundry a day! And the dishes, beds, toys, and late night chats of seven people...I am excited, anxious, nervous and ready for this life change.

I thank God every day for the blessing of our home. Being first time home buyers has been great for us and now I see the bigger plan he had in mind. He knew we had to expand our hearts and fridge space and this is how he prepared us for it.

So, who are the four other people joining us in less than two weeks? None other that my nearly sister-cousin and her three wonderful children. She has had to make a life decision for herself and her kids to move them here with us and we could not be more happy to open our home to them. We don't know how long they will stay, but we will keep them as long as we need to. In all honesty, I am thrilled that she is finally moving back to Colorado! We have been so close our entire lives and now we can raise our children together.

But....I am nervous. How will we adjust? How will this affect Logan? Who's going to cook? How messy will the house be? Maybe these are silly things to worry about, but it is our daily life that will change and we want nothing other than a positive outcome for all of us. I love Her dearly. She is one of my most favorite people and I know that together we will ensure that the transition for our kids is a good one. Logan is essentially getting three playmates! How cool is that?

Why is not important, but I do feel a personal meltdown coming. Not a bad one, just a moment where maybe I'm standing in the shower and it hits me, I sob and move on. At least that is how I hope it happens!

In other news, Logan had the most epic melt down at the school book store on Thursday night over a damn sucker! So here I am, paying for my books and logan is wailing in the stroller and this lady next to us says to him, "oh honey just wait a minute and she'll get it for ya!" o_o are you kidding me? I about strangled her! My kid totally understands what that means so he, of course, just cried harder! I said ha, no I'm not, paid and left as quickly as possible. I almost had a melt down with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!