Friday, August 31, 2012

oh hai...it's me again

This is what being a full time working and part time schooling mama and wife looks like: not much blogging. Surprisingly, I have only felt the urge a few times and that is largely due to how exhausted I am by the time I finish working, studying, taking quizes, and showering before I have to go to bed. The house is a royal mess. I told B that I cannot be left to do everything, not that I was, but that he has to help me out more, especially with the things he hates doing (laundry). He is an incredible husband and has been so encouraging and supportive with me going back to school. So here's the break down:

Medical terminology: I assumed that it would be hard. Lucky for me, mostly because I work in a hospital and I have a background in English, the class has been great and I've got a perfect grade so far. The reading is not too heavy and the terms are mostly familiar.

Pregnancy nutrition: A class I assumed would be easy is SO NOT. No joke. I took the first quiz last week and bombed it. I kicked myself over and over for not reading enough and then found out the entire class averaged a 61% and I didn't feel as bad. I took the second quiz last night and did much better.

Human growth and development: I love this in person class. The professor is awesome. She is easy to relate to and for some reason, I have more to say now than I ever did back in my younger college days. Must be all the life experience.  I've noticed that the women in our class who are younger, not married or mothers are really uneducated about women's health and pregnancy. It makes me so sad. Whether she is planning on becoming a mother someday or not, she NEEDS to know how her body works! Some of the questions had me gaping. I could not believe it. I have felt a stir inside of me to specifically focus on young women (teen moms) to ensure that they are properly educated about their pregnancy, nutrition, development and choices surrounding their situation.

In general I am loving it. The first two weeks of my 5 week classes are already done, which is crazy to think that I will be done with them in 3 weeks time.

2 comments:

Leave some Lovin!