Monday, July 16, 2012

Slow

I wish I had more to write, but as of late things have been rather slow. Last week was a blurry nightmare of a week. I will not relive nor rehash it. It was just one of THOSE weeks, ya know??

The weekend was very mellow and relaxing. Logan and I spent most of the day laying around watching TV. It was 100* so we spent most of our time inside, even though it was beautiful. I hate days like that. It was too hot to enjoy the nice day.

B went camping on Friday night so Logan slept in bed with me. One of my most favorite memories as a child is sleeping in bed with my mom when my dad was out of town. My brother and I would take turns each night. I want Logan to have the same special memories.

The next afternoon, Logan had a fall off our bed. I was standing on the other side grabbing his blankies for nap time and he was climbing up on the other side. In slow motion, he got one leg up and suddenly fell back, hitting his head on the mirror we had on the floor. Thankfully, just a bruise and no blood. My heart left my body for a few moments as I held him and wiped his tears. It was a very sad moment for us both.

Then we took 4 hour naps. It was delicious sleep! B arrived home later that night and we watched Mad Men. We're only on season 2 so no spoilers!

Sunday B worked and L and I had the day to ourselves again. We ran errands and tried going to the park for 15 minutes. Again, it was terribly hot and Logan left the park saying "Mommy, Come! Too hot!". He hears us tell the dogs to come. I suppose that is where he picked that one up. lol While Logan napped I painted his dresser. It's an incredible color, one which you will get to see soon! I screwed all the knobs on this morning and should have pics up tomorrow. :)

Sunday night we traded mattresses with my parents. We now have a very awesome bed that, while I didn't sleep great for other reasons, is really comfy and so much better than our old one! It always takes me a few nights to adjust to a new bed.

What did you do this weekend?

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!