Monday, July 30, 2012

Mom's Monday Mingle

In an effort to meet more blogging mamas I am linking up today with Julie over at Naptime Review. Can't wait to make more friends! BTW if anyone is specifically from Colorado, please send me an email! Thanks. :) samama8@gmail.com

__

This weekend was wonderful. Friday night B and I watched the Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics and an episode of Breaking Bad. Seriously, could not have been a better night just hanging out together sipping on wine. I love easy we are with each other.

Saturday I spent the morning cleaning the house and my dear friend Carrie (SHORT) from Short and Hat came over for the entire day. It was wonderful. She's an 'ol college friend who just moved into town and after nearly 6 years of very little contact, we are talking more than ever. She's not a mama (yet), but is married to an awesome dude (HAT). He joined us for dinner and I must say it makes my heart so happy when I see my husband make a new friend. There will be many more nights of grilled Italian Chicken with lime-juiced rice, wine, and reminiscing.

Sunday, Logan and I hung out. I could tell he was not feeling too well so we went to the park, picked up some groceries and otherwise watched the Olympics and lots of Barney. He was extra snugly and whiny (the two most obvious indications that he's not quite himself). After his nap, sure enough he had a low fever. After more snuggles, juice and a snack, the fever broke but his cough and extra sneezing is still hanging around. Praying for him to kick this little bug quickly and not to get his best buddy Elliot sick either. Or us for that matter.

Sunday night, B surprised me with a ticket to go and see Chris Carrabba of Dashboard Confessional at the dinky little venue downtown. It. Was. Amazing!! B ended up staying home with Logan and I called another 'ol college buddy and he came along with me. The show was incredible and, best of all, I get to scratch Bucket List item #142 off my list: Be at someone else's marriage proposal. That's right! A sweet guy proposed to his girlfriend. The crowd totally freaked out. I videoed the entire thing and nearly cried myself. She said yes.

This morning was rouuuuugh!! It was as if I was really back in my college days of listening to Dashboard way late at night and getting up early for a class (aka work). My throat is worn from cheering Chris on song after song. Best song? His last one: Hands Down. All this and more made the rough morning more than worth it. I'd do it again, night after night if I could! haha...well, maybe. ;)

2 comments:

Leave some Lovin!