Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Swim Fishy Swim!

>
For the last 4 weeks Logan and I have been going to swim lessons! This kid is a fish! He loves the water and gets so excited to see all his new friends.


The point of this beginner swim lesson class is not to get Logan to do all kinds of tricks but to get him used to the water, having other kids around splashing at him and generally teaching him that the pool is a fun place! Later, he will learn the fundamentals of swimming and safety lessons. 


Happy guy!


Swimming to get his toy!


Jumping up, his most favorite thing!

Four weeks is plenty long for toddler swim lessons. We are to the point now where Logan almost gets bored 20 minutes into the class and I have to go a lot to keep him entertained. Today we were in the toddler pool (directly behind the one we're in in the above pic). It was a little cooler than the therapy pool and we actually took them under water. Logan was a champ! I can't say he liked it, but he didn't cry which is a start!

If you've ever tried to take your baby to swim lessons alone you know there are some serious semantics that go into it. B was with me one day because he had a stomach bug the day before and was not allowed to return to work yet. So we had a bit of a family day. With him around, he can help me get Logan dressed while I dress myself. Alone, however, it is quite the juggling act, especially with a toddler! Logan is the 2nd oldest kiddo in this class and he does not lay there nicely while I try to get dressed. Nope. He tries to pull the other kids hair next to him or climb off the table!

I'm a pretty modest person. While I don't mind being in a bikini, etc, I am very modest about those private parts of my body. When I was nursing Logan I was very anxious nursing him in public and never got very comfortable doing it. Regardless, while in a ladies locker room with a squirley little boy one wonders how to properly dress ones self while still being discrete. I have not figured out the best way, even after 8 classes. However, I do know that the stroller comes in very handy. Once I've dressed him I can strap him in and then get dressed. I wrap the towel around my midsection and try to shimmy my way out of my bottoms without flashing anyone. Once the undies are on I can manage just fine. I just get easily uncomfortable, wondering if other woman are watching me, thinking I must look crazy. Why not just bare all! We've all had babies! What's the big deal! Well I would still like to maintain some kind of dignity. lol

Today, once I was all dressed and walking out the door I actually noticed another mom doing the exact same thing I was. FINALLY! Someone who is just as clueless as me! Haha...but really. It felt good to know I was not alone in my modesty.

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!