Friday, April 8, 2011

Shout it Out!

>
AHHH!! The night out was amazing!! First off-please excuse the blurry photos. My camera seriously sucks at shows. The lighting is not right and my settings are not versatile enough. The last few photos rock because I got super close to the stage and used my flash. Reason #88 why I need a new fancy-pants camera.

I headed down to Denver with Logan late afternoon. B was supposed to come with me and see me realize this dream of meeting Hanson. Unfortunately, he came down with a horrible fever and chills early that morning and there was no way he would be coming with us. Second time in a week he has been sick! Poor guy.

When I got to my MIL's house B's aunt was there and because B could not come with me I had an extra ticket. I asked if she wanted to join me and she instantly said yes! I had a concert buddy!! We left the house around 6:30pm and arrived at the venue right at 7:00pm when doors opened. Once inside we managed to get some pretty awesome seats, ordered some drinks and aps and waited for the show to start!

So here is the crazy part of the story. All day long Hanson had been in Cali filming the Conan O'Brian show. I follow them on Twitter and kept checking for updates. Bestie, being that she works for the radio station they were playing for, knew that they would be flying in late and pretty much arriving the minute they were due on stage. I'd be lying if I wasn't shaking in my boots wondering if they would arrive on time! I kept asking Bestie if they had landed and as of 9:00pm they were still in the air! They flew in on a private jet. Fortunatly, the airport was not too far from the venue and by the time the last act was done they were there ready to rock! I was standing behind all the tables and had a perfect, center stage view. They walked right past me to get on stage. Hanson took the stage at 9:45 and played for a good hour with an encore song of "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers. It was awesome!! B actually texted me right as they took the stage to say he was watching their performance on Conan. CRAZY!

Near the end of the show this girl standing next to me was wasted and kept elbowing me. She was begging Isaac to toss her a guitar pick and he did. Well she had no coordination and I managed to find the pick on the floor! Then Bestie brought me another one this morning when we met for breakfast.

After the show all the artists did a fun meet-and-greet. I have signed photos from Andy Grammer (first pic), Parachute, Default, and of course Hanson! I shook hands with Issac and Taylor and got an awesome pic with Zac! The pic was taken by the radio station and as soon as I get a copy I will be sharing it. :)

The other artists were great. Andy Grammer busted out some awesome beat-boxing! He had some fantastic songs and really knew how to get the crowd going. Parachute was also great! Default is kind of a one-hit-wonder band with "Wasting Time" way back in the day. The lead singer has such a deep voice. B's aunt was loving that! And to have Hanson round out the evening was priceless. I could have stood there all night dancing and singing along to all my favorite songs. 

Here are my favorite pics!








(me and bestie. love her!)

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!