Saturday, April 9, 2011

Running: Week Three

>
So this week was not nearly as productive as the week before as in how often I ran. However, I met my very first short-term goal on today's run!

To run a mile without stopping. 

I ran 2 miles in 22 minutes! That's an 11 minute mile people!! And I ran a mile and a half of that without stopping! And once I did stop, it was only to walk for one minute. It was by far the best run I have had so far! I feel very good about how well it went. Funny thing is I really had to talk myself into doing it. Sadly, the fact that I have to carry a stroller up and down three flights of stairs just to get a run in for the day is very discouraging. But I bucked up and did it. Even with the dogs this time!

I came home and had my protein shake and then it's off to shower and read until I have to work. Logan is down for a nap and again, I feel great!

I already updated on the other run I had earlier this week. I took three days off after that run. Why? It was a hard run and I came home from it feeling pretty terrible. I had those "I never want to run again" thoughts. Of course Bestie tells me that I am going to have bad runs. Well, having a bad run this week must have been the reason behind this awesome run today!

So I ran a total of five miles in 1:30 (that's 1 hour, 30 min) and burned over 1000 calories. Wowza! This mama is getting her heiny into shape! :) Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!