Monday, April 4, 2011

Running Goals

>
Becoming a runner is in and of itself a goal. Within that I have many short and long-term goals for getting me to that place. I do not feel like a true runner-yet. But I want to be. Here are the goals I have set for myself.

Short:
  1. Run three times a week
  2. Run a mile without stopping
  3. Run two miles without stopping
  4. Run 30 minutes without stopping
  5. Buy runners socks (2 pair)
  6. Drink four 32oz bottles of water a day

Long:
  1. Run the Horsetooth Half next spring (it’s coming up the end of this month)
  2. Collect some awesome running gear other than shoes
  3. Run five days a week for at least 30 minutes without stopping

None of these goals have a real “deadline” as to when I want to meet them. I have a new running buddy from swim class and we may be getting together in the next 3-4 weeks. I would really like to be able to run two miles without stopping at that point, and I think I can, I just don’t want to push myself too hard to get there. Obviously, in a year I hope to run a half marathon around one of the coolest landmarks in our town. It’s beautiful and hilly. Makes my calves burn just thinking about it! Everything else is flexible. The ultimate goal here is to get into shape. I am not trying to lose weight. In fact, if I gain a few pounds in muscle weight, then that is awesome. Otherwise, I just want to better my health. Being a positive influence to Logan and our future children is very important to us and I want Logan to know that an active lifestyle is healthy. I am sure Logan will have no problem with that! The moment he learns to walk he will be all over the place!

What are your fitness goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!