Friday, September 6, 2013

the fear thing


DAY 4

A story about a time you were very afraid.

Since me and anxiety rub elbows quite often, I have too many stories where I was quite afraid, but in hindsight  it really wasn't that big of a deal. However, if you have anxiety then you know that it's always a big deal! I hate driving on the highway. A few summers ago I traveled over the mountains to visit some friends with Logan. B stayed behind. I had done that drive a hundred times while in college. I knew where every curve of the Glenwood Canyon hugged the rocky face of the mountain and exactly how many tunnels we'd pass through. No big deal. There was construction in the canyon and this particular drive while beautiful, is really unique in that the highway is between a river and the mountain and there are few spots where one direction is on top of the opposite direction. See?



Well that weekend they had moved all traffic to one side of the highway so there was one lane each direction. For some reason, this gave me terrible claustrophobia. I began to get really nervous and felt like I was going to pass out. I was dizzy and worried about how there is NOWHERE to pull over for nearly 13 miles of highway. I was literally hanging my head out the window to keep me alert. I was terrified something bad would happen and I'd be all alone with Logan. It was by far one of the hardest and scariest driving experiences I'd ever had. And I have driven through blizzards. Not even those were this bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!