Monday, February 20, 2012

another anniversary

On Thursday, February 23rd, B and I will be celebrating five years together. And we've been kind of celebrating all week now, since Valentine's Day was last week. On Thursday night we visited with some family from out of town. We had a great meal and we only wish it could have been a longer stay!

Friday night we had a work party for B. We had a nice turkey dinner with wine and it was so nice for me to catch up with everyone. I used to work where he works and know just about everyone. I don't miss the job, but I certainly miss the people! It was a nice couple hours to ourselves with friends while my dad hung out with Logan. Those two kind of love each other. It is so cute! I love it.

Saturday I spent the entire morning cleaning, then picked up my brother as he was going to house-sit for us, and put Logan down for a nap. He spiked a fever when we got home. This kid is having a tough time kicking his cold. I am so ready for warmer weather! Thankfully, I have been spared by the germs in our house. B has also had a cold and I'll just go ahead and thank the hospital for my iron-clad immune system now. It's rock solid.

Saturday afternoon we left the dogs at home and headed to Denver. We dropped Logan off with his Mac and we were officially on our romantic weekend getaway!! I know, one night doesn't seem like much but it meant EVERYTHING to us!!


We checked into our hotel, which was beautiful. We had a 17th floor view of the Denver capitol. BEAUTIFUL!! Now, if you've stuck with my blog since the beginning you will know that our first date was at the ESPN Zone on the 16th Street mall. This is the best area in Downtown Denver and that was also where we had our first kiss. (awwww!) Well ESPN Zone was closed and in it's place opened up The Tilted Kilt, an Irish Pub akin to a glorified version of Hooters with WAYYYYY better food. We went there last year for our anniversary and loved it. It's by no means expensive, but we have made it a tradition now to celebrate every year around our anniversary. For the 2nd year in a row I got the pulled pork sandwich with cole slaw and I loved it!! I'm craving it as I type! lol B had a burger and I was too busy scarfing down my food to take a picture!

After dinner we headed to the theater to see The Artist. Friends, this film is incredible!! It's magical! B needed to do some convincing to get me to see a silent film but omg am I glad it didn't take much! Please, if you have a chance, you must see this in the theater. It won't be the same at home. I promise.

Our weekend was so fun! B and I needed time away, alone together so badly and I feel like our relatiship has been set on fire again. You know, that extra nudge into happiness again. We've always been happy, it's just so refreshing to go back to the way things were before we had a baby, even if it's just for one night. I love you B!

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!