Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sick Boy

>Mr. Logan is a sick boy. What is he so sick with? Well first of all, he is hardly sick at all. There is just something going on that he cannot kick. I finally got his blood work back from last week and his WBC is high and other things our out of place as well. I don't understand all of it and neither do his doctors. We saw an Immunologist today. She was lovely. She had a flowing Russian accent and smiled sweetly at Logan as she listened to his heart and he played with the turtle on her stethoscope. He was nearing nap time and quite fussy, but none that wavered her inspection of him. We talked about his history (for the 900th time!) and again, came up with very little to go on. I told her I was ready to take Logan to Childrens in Denver and she was supportive. The only clear thing we know is that his little body is trying to fight some kind of infection and it's not doing a very good job at it. This raised flags about his immunity and there are suspicians of an immune difficiancy. I have not utilized Dr. Google yet (actually, I will use mayoclinic.com instead), so I know very little about what that means.

After our appointment I called his doctor and she began the process of putting in a referral for us to Childrens. While I waited for a call back, I took Logan to PVH for more blood draws. The poor kid has bruised arms and I hate that we had to do that again. This time, they will be doing cultures of his blood which will take a few weeks for the results to come back. An hour later I got a call and after much deliberation, the Immunologist and his doctor decided to send us to National Jewish in Denver. Supposidly, the Godfather of Immunology is there and while his bedside manner is terrible, the man is a genious. Hard part is that it will be several weeks before we can get in. Several meaning 3-4 and for us, that is torturous. I am now waiting for a call from National Jewish to set up that visit. So for now, we wait. Logan barely had a fever today, which is the first time it's been like that in an entire WEEK! Praise the Lord! It's hard not to jump to conclusions with all that is going on, but it is clear that not only is Logan a fighter, he is special and unique. It is a terrible feeling hearing someone tell you your baby is less than perfect, but that does not matter when you look into his eyes and he smiles.

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!