Sunday, September 19, 2010

Go Go Go!

>http://www.youtube.com/get_player

This little man is quite the mover. He has been trying to crawl now for a month and over the last week, he has gotten pretty good at it! I took this video on Thursday and even since then, he has improved. It is a whole new world now that Logan is crawling around. I get next to nothing done while he is awake as I am on the floor playing with him and following him around. He loves getting into our DVD shelf and messing with the spider plant. We moved it outside so he can't choke on anything. He has a knack for getting stuck under the coffee table and wants Buttes ball more than any other toy he has. I'm hoping all this extra walking around will help me lose 10 more pounds. I have lost all the baby weight, but would like to slim down a bit more.

So, now that Logan is crawling and moving around, I thought it would be a great time to share our baby proofing tricks. We did a HUGE proof session last weekend and so far, all is good!
  1. You can't baby proof everything. I kept thinking about how I was going to attach bumpers to the sides of the coffee table and some shelving but the truth is, you can't. I have resolved to just keep a close eye on Logan and be okay with a few bonks. Let's face it: Logan is a boy and is going to get bonked and bruised quite a bit as he gets older and tougher. There are no horribly sharp edges which would be cause for concern in cracking a head open. So I kept this in mind while we were going over everything.
  2. Shampoo your carpets BEFORE they really get going. We did this last Sunday and it took 8 hours to do all 800 square feet of our apartment due to naps and such, but it was well worth it, especially since we have dogs. I have also been brushing them more often AND vacuuming just about every other day to keep the carpets as hair-free as possible.
  3. Plug the outlets. This is a no-brainer. We had 12 plugs so I was able to get the six most accessible outlets plugged up.
  4. Wash the walls. This might sounds silly, but since Logan touches everything, it had been over a year since the walls had been washed and who knows what kind of germs were looming. I am not a germ-a-phobe, but while the carpets were getting cleaned, so were the walls.
  5. Hide and tie up cords. We don't have a desk for the computer so we hid the cord behind the end table in the living room and we keep it on the table when not in use OR rolled up in a drawer. Either way, the cord is hidden and out of reach. Logan is like a moth to a flame when it comes to cords. While at Children's on Monday, he just wanted to grab all the light cords, the stethoscopes, etc.
  6. Keep clutter at bay. This is one of our BIGGEST weaknesses around here. We are so bad about leaving things out on the tables and floor that we now have to literally be bossy with each other to keep it cleaned up. Logan is thisclose to pulling himself up on the furniture.
  7. Don't sweat the small stuff. Like I said, I am not a huge germ-a-phobe, but I do like to keep things clean. So it does not bother me when he plays with my keys, our shoes, or the straps on the diaper bag or purses.
  8. Let him explore! Once all the important stuff is taken care of, just follow him around and let him explore his new world. We are all for Logan leaning and checking out new things, especially at home. He is easily bored and when there are rainy, gloomy days like yesterday, we have to keep him entertained somehow. So I will pull all of our hats off the shelf and let him check them out. It's an easy, fun cheep way to keep him interested.
Hope this helps! And I hope you all have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!