Thursday, September 9, 2010

7 Months Old

>Yesterday, Logan turned 7 months old and all I could think was, "wow...have you really had a fever almost every day for 3 months now?" Super negative, I know. Our Labor Day weekend was lovely. We spent time in Denver with family and it was nice to just get away from all of the doctors and poking and prodding. Logan's little arms were so bruised from his blood draws, I was in tears. He did not seem to notice, though, once all the poking was over with.

We ate a ton of food, went to the zoo, went to a bar...it was all very fun. The night we went to the bar we walked there from my mother in laws house. Now, before you go asking, the answer is yes, I was intoxicated. The other answer is yes, it would have happened regardless as to whether or not I had been drinking. Seriously, bare with me here.

As we trecked our way to the bar through a field we were all unfamiliar with, I managed to step off the road to head down a hill only to find myself 6 feet deep in a ditch. It was dark and there was very little lighting so that is why this could have happened to anyone. Did I get hurt? Yes. My entire right thigh is scrapped and bruised up. I banged the heck out of my left shin and ankle and over the last few days, my right shoulder muscle has been giving me hell. Not to mention that only two days later I slipped on the kitchen floor at work and fell flat on my ass. OMG. I need a bubble.

Logan loved the zoo. He loved seeing all the people and animals, sights and sounds. We bought him a super cute bucket hat with zoo animals on it. The Denver Zoo has several new babies, including three tiger tubs, two baby giraffs, cheetah cubs, and much more.

So what is Mr. Logan up to these days?
  • Army crawling all over the place
  • Sitting himself up on his own
  • Repositioning himself while sitting
  • Demonstrates excellent balance
  • Props himself up on his feet (as if to stand up)
  • Stomps feet in excitement
  • Kicks legs in bath
  • Shakes toys in his hands as if to wave
  • Plays Peek-a-Boo
  • Claps
  • Babbles and mimics sounds we make
  • Has no teeth yet
  • Size 3 diapers
  • 6-9 clothes, however, we will be moving up in the next week or so
  • Eats 3 meals a day and loves everything except peas
  • Eating more people food like breads, spaghetti, fruits and veggies
  • Sleeps 10-12 hours a night, rarely waking if only once around 4am
  • Wants anything and everything he can't have
  • Wants to be wherever he's not (he's on the floor and wants to be in our laps, etc..)
  • Loves car rides
  • Favorite book is Oh the Thinks you can Think by Dr. Seus
  • Loves dancing and listening to music. I play classical music when we are playing together
WOW! Can you believe it? There is much more, but not really worth mentioning here. We are still using cloth diapers and I recently replenished my supply of the disposable liners and OMG what a difference in taking care of poopy diapers has that made! I mean, I had them up for sale on craigslist and now I am glad I never sold them.

We are gearing up for our first family vacation to Michigan in October. It will be Logan's first plane ride and I can't wait!

As for everything else going on with him right now, we are still waiting for a scheduled appointment at National Jewish in Denver to see another Immunologist. He has been having some other tests just to rule things out and so far, he is still a mystery. This is very hard for us, knowing that something is not quite right and even all the professionals he has seen so far are stumpped too. I just pray we get some answers soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!