Monday, September 27, 2010

Family Vacation

>In 4 days, we will be boarding a airplane together, headed to Northern Michigan to enjoy a wedding, sweet corn, Mackinac Island, ferry rides, and, from what I hear, some good 'ol rain. Something the good ol' Colorado has been sorely lacking. Read: wildfires galore.

I cannot wait for us to take our first family vacation together. It will be Logan's first plane ride and we have two connections (YUCK!), but we can't complain. The tickets were gifted to us and we will take what we can get. I just pray he will be a little gem and fall asleep on us. This is something he DOES NOT DO. He is a "lay-me-in-my-crib-awake" kind of baby and puts himself to sleep. Yes, dear mothers out there, this is a very good thing. However, it is a very bad thing when he must be forced to do otherwise. Like, for example, when we were in the ER at Children's and he had to fall asleep on me. He screamed for a good 20 minutes before finally giving in and oh my word if that happens on a plane I am sure we will be walking home.

Now I am just trying to clean house and get all of our laundry finished. I am dreading packing. I have never had to pack enough items for our family to last over a week and I really have no idea how I am going to get out the door without the kitchen sink. I mean really. Babies have a ton.o.stuff. Not to mention that if I leave the car seat in the car at the airport, we are royally screwed. So there you have it. My anxious thoughts are only plagued by what to bring and what not to forget. I have read some great blogs with lovely suggestions. For example, rather than carrying on a blanket for logan to play on in the terminals while waiting, we will bring a thin sheet. It's a lot easier and more compact and covers more dirty floor space. The last thing we want is for Logan, or any of us, to come home sick. No fun.

If you have flown with your baby, how did it go? What were your best and worst items?

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!