Wednesday, November 11, 2009

>Laying in bed, not on bed rest, resting.

>I am at home nursing my back. I appreciate the suggestions, but I am totally serious when I say I have tried everything! Since we are going on day six, I started with a bath last week, ice, and B rubbing my back. That continued for the next day or so and then I caved and took some IB Profin. That did not even touch it. I've done yoga, breathing exercises, heat, ice, and finally, I went to the chiro yesterday. I saw someone I have never seen before and I was BEYOND disappointed. He was terrible. I do not feel better! I have worked for a chiro before so I know adjustments can be more sore at first and then will get better over the next few days, but really, he was not gentle, talked all about himself, tried to sell me a massage, promised to give us exercises to practice, and left us high and dry. Thank God I have insurance and only had to pay my copay. After that lovely experience I had to go to my OB and get my RH shot. I am RH- and the shot itself was not so bad but the stuff she injected ever so slowly INTO MY ASS burned like hell. I had no idea this was a rear shot and exclaimed very loudly before the door was shut, "It's going in my butt?!" B just giggled, tried to hide it because he knew how much pain I was already in. So I had to lean over the table in a terrible position that inflamed my back and made it spasam even more. Needless to say, I am a gimpy girl this week and just keep praying I can sit up long enough to enjoy meals. I feel bad for the dogs. I will be able to let them out, but a run or walk is totally out of the question.

In other news...

Today is Veteran's Day. In the past this was just another day that came and went but when my brother stepped up and served our country as a Marine about 4 years ago, he became my hero. No matter how short or long someone has spent in another country witnessing things you and I hope to never have to see in our lifetimes, it is an honor to be among those people. So Happy Vets Day to all!

My cousin Heidi is going to have a baby any day now and I can't wait! It really could still be a week but still...I'm so excited for her!

B is still working his seasonal landscaping job. The snow storm a few weeks ago melted within two days which is nice. He will be laid off soon and stay on the snow crew through the winter. Again, I must praise him for being such an increible support the last few days. He went grocery shopping last night and it took him over an hour and then he made dinner. I swear people, I really don't know how I got so lucky! Thank you Jesus!

I am almost done with the baby shower invites for my mom's party. I have this thing about making invititations and it has been a fun project. I hope to have them done in the next day or so and out in the mail by the weekend.

Now that was a better update, wasn't it?

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!