Monday, November 16, 2009

>a hard one to write....

>
We need some prayers people.

I went into my OB today for a regular exam to hear the HB and all that other routine stuff. I've gained a total of 27 pounds and my BP is nice and low. The doc came in and he had a nice OB student there with him to observe. He asked how things were going and I said fine, other than the upper back pain earlier in the week. He then listened to the HB and it was at 160 BPM. He then brought out his measuring tape and discovered this 29 week mama is only measuring at 22 weeks. He then left around and found baby is already head down, something that is not very common at this point. It's a little early for that. He wanted to check my cervix and found it closed, but 80% effaced and at 0 station. My body is already preparing for labor. I have only had one notable braxton hicks contraction to think of with occasional low back cramping that is quite dull when present.

The doc did a swab to check for some kind of secretion that the cervix emits when it is preparing for labor and that came back negative which is a good sign. After the exam he did an ultrasound and found the amniotic fluid to be lower than normal. At best, baby's growth is around that of a 24 week baby, nearly 5 weeks behind. So he ordered a special ultrasound at the hospital for tomorrow at which time we will know more of what is going on. For now I have my feet up, B is making dinner, I'm trying to drink a ton of water, and rest. If anyone has experience with this type of situation, your suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I will update tomorrow...

12 comments:

Leave some Lovin!