Monday, November 23, 2009

>30 Happy Weeks

>
Yes, folks, I was able to squeeze this pregnant mama into my non-maternity Team Edward tee shirt. However, not without layers. See, I had to buy "fat" pants as my previous maternity pants were way too tight and you know, I still have some growing to do so that is where the Bella Band comes in handy once more. It helps hold the pants up. Then I had a long tank on, the long sleeved gray shirt and then the top. It has been chilly here and the theater was super chilly too so I was glad to have layered up. So New Moon was great. I really enjoyed it. TEN times better than Twilight. The music was great. I just had a great time. Bestie came up to enjoy the day with me and it turned out great!


See my crooked linea negra??


How far along? 30 WHOLE weeks!!! Ten more to go!!
Total weight gain/loss: 30 pounds
Maternity clothes? duh
Stretch marks? still just the few on my theighs
Sleep: don't ask. i managed to pass out last night and slept better than i have in several nights even after getting up twice to pee.
Best moment this week: The good news from the doc (see below)
Movement: super active. i love it!
Food cravings: chocolate milk and strawberries
Gender: Wolverine
Labor Signs: very little, a BH here and there
Belly Button in or out? flat.
What I miss: a glass of wine, sleeping well
What I am looking forward to: having a full term baby
Weekly Wisdom: Every doctor is different. Ask for a second opinion RIGHT AWAY if warranted.

So we met some learning curves this week. After last weeks crazy-emotional and frightening week, we were really looking forward to our appointment today. I was praying there was no more effacement and absolutely no dilation. I go to a clinic with four doctors. I have seen all of them but only two have I only seen once or twice and the doc I saw last week was the second time I had seen him. The doc we saw today I have seen almost 5-6 times. He knows us well now. We know him well so I knew that whatever he found would be accurate. So he looked over last weeks notes and seemed a little confused and wanted to check me again. I am really getting used to spreading my legs and I don't think that is a good thing! ;) Anyway, he had a hard time measuring the effacement with fingers so he decided to do a transvage ultrasound, which I wanted so we could get something super accurate this time. He measured 30mm of cervix left which is around 30% effacement and not super uncommon at this stage. He also double checked the amnio fluid and it measured a 9. That was also something he was not worried about, I just need to keep drinking water. Last thing he did was measure my ute and she was nearly 28 weeks so....I suppose this is all to say that every doctor is different. Not to say my doc last week did anything wrong. He was just being careful. We want our doctors to all be careful and double check things, but we did learn a big lesson. Next time someone starts just grabbing machines and shoving my legs apart (wow that sounds bad), I will want a second opinion first. Like I said, there are 4 of them in the practice and having someone else check things out right away would have been nice. I am not going to dwell on what the doc last week said and how it is different than what actually is. It is frustrating, but the most important thing is that our baby boy is healthy and I am healthy. He is not worried about preterm labor at all. Sure there could be more effacement as we get closer, but that would be a good thing as it is almost time for big boy to arrive! Ten more weeks!!! We are very relieved and happy with what today has brought us and Praise Jesus for answering all our prayers!

We went and bought Baby L's coming home outfit and it is TO DIE FOR!! SO stinking cute!! You will get to see it when he wears it! :)

In other news, B is looking for a winter job. His seasonal job has ended for now unless it snows and that is not something we can depend on. I am starting to feel more worn out by work, but hanging in there nonetheless. We are just extremely grateful for all the blessings in our life right now.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving week! I may not post again until next week.

6 comments:

Leave some Lovin!