Saturday, November 28, 2009

>I Almost Counted

>
12 Pairs of Shoes

Around 30 0-3 Month Pants/Overalls

40 0-3 Month Onesies/sleepers

29 Hats

60+ pairs of Socks/Booties...I lost count since I added the last batch.

Okay, I lied. I did count. I am just so moved by how many clothes have been given to us. Literally, it blows my mind! I have bought ONE outfit. The one Mister will wear home from the hospital. I also have a box and two bags full of 3-6 month clothes, two bags of 6-9 months, and one bag of 9+ month clothing. The shoes in the first picture are all for 0-12 months, maybe even a little longer depending on his growth. I have another bag full of shoes for when he grows out of all those clothes. I also counted about 18 bibs that are all NEW. Can I just say how much I love the smell of these baby things? Most of them are used so the have that baby scent on them and it makes me smile every time I bring a shirt to my face and smell it.

We have two months left, but I think he will be here in less than two months. In fact, I think he will be here about a week early and I'd really be surprised if he did make it to/past his due date. I can tell we are going through another growth spurt. The week of Thanksgiving had me eating like I never get fed, not just because of all the yummy food that's involved. On Tuesday I ate so much Mexican chips and dip I swear I put Mister into a food coma as he was mellow jello the next day. Speaking of movement, boy is he a jumper! Sometimes, his movement is a bit uncomfortable and takes my breath away as he is literally doing a flip and I must pause to allow him to do so. One of my coworkers observed this movement and I think it made him a little uncomfortable. In general, his butt is just to the left of my belly button. When I wake up in the morning, I find him higher and more to the right side until he has settled back to his typical head down position. And speaking of being head down, it flipping HURTS! I am so sore from the pressure! I can barely spread my legs far apart to put pants on. Oh and to put pants, socks, and shoes on I must sit on the bed. I cannot bring my leg up high enough to stand now. I tried shaving in the shower last night and about broke my back bending over to do so. I will not be attempting that again before Mister comes and if you think that is gross, well I happen to hate shaving so I really don't care what you think about that.

Emotionally, this week has been ten times better than the previous. I feel so much better knowing that my body is really not trying to give birth, but is making baby steps to do so. At this point, I believe that is a good thing. Our lovely doula said effacement is one of the hardest parts for first time moms to get through and if I am almost half way there then hopefully that means it will be easier once the time comes. Speaking of the time coming, I cannot wait! I can wait another 8 weeks for him to be ready, but meeting him and kissing him and snuggling on him--I can't wait! I don't care about the lack of sleep, getting peed on, my boobs being sore....none of that matters when he is here in our arms. We are so blessed.

4 comments:

Leave some Lovin!