Sunday, September 27, 2009

>Confessions From a D Cup

>
Over the last several weeks I have been having some issues, if you will, in the boob department. I knew my girls were going to grow and I knew it was going to be painful and uncomfortable, kinda like going through puberty all over again. I had grown out of my comfy B-sized bras within the first 2 months of my pregnancy and was almost proud to be sifting through the Cs in Target. I settled on a bra, I thought, would be comfortable with a little more room to grow as I knew that would happen as well. This was only 6 weeks ago and after 4 weeks in, I was pulling at the sides to adjust my girls which followed with my complaints to B about the discomfort. He genuinely felt sorry for me, even though he is so not complaining out the new and improved figure I'm sporting. So a few nights ago I finally had enough and took myself over to the Playtex outlet store. I have never asked anyone for help sizing myself and knew I could not buy another bra without some help. I had no stinking idea what I was doing.
I walked into the store and marched right up to the first employee I saw and poured my sorry heart out to her. She smiled and nodded and gave me that look in her eye of sympathy. Finally, someone can help me! She made a few suggestions and I was stuffed into a changing room. She started me off with Cs. At first look and feel, I thought it looked alright. Once she checked me out (haha, no pun intended!) she yanked on the back to pull it down and pointed out the giant gap (aka: clevage!) the girls were creating in the bra. Oh that won't do, honey. And off she went to get some Ds. Ds!! Seriously?? Have I really gone up TWO sizes in FIVE months?! I made my purchases, which included a sleep bra (thank GOD I finally learned of this blessing!), and off I went.
Now this brought me to the whole idea that "wow, I have big boobs now!" and "hum...what do I really think of them"? Prior to pregnancy I sometimes thought it would be nice to fill out a B a little more, but never EVER would consider a boob job. Now that I have bigger breasts, I find they annoying and painful. My upper back is sore, they sweat ALL THE TIME, and now they enjoy resting on my growing belly. This is such a weird feeling for me to experience that skin to skin contact between two things I thought would never even come close to touching.
I am getting used to my new and ever changing body. This is the first week I truly felt like my belly is BIG. I can rest things on it. It's hard and MOVES when baby moves. I am beyond thrilled to become a mother and these little things are just part of the process.

I am not going to do stats this week. Not much has changed from last week, other than getting some new wardrobe items, so I will leave you with the first of many maternity photos. B and I went for a georgous drive up to Rocky Mountain National Park and this is what came of it...











10 comments:

Leave some Lovin!