Sunday, October 4, 2009

>I went shopping and cried.

>
Nothing new here. Seriously, this past week was so by the books I am not sure where to start. On Wednesday I had a great conversation with my boss, which I had been really working myself up over. I was not dreading it, I was just very nervous. I have pretty bad anxiety when it comes to talking to authority and I was praying hard core the night before that I would not cry. I would have been doing that even if I was not pregnant. I have cried before and knew increased hormones were not going to help the situation. So the night before I sat down and wrote all my thoughts down so I would not forget any points I needed to make and when I fell asleep without having to talk myself into not thinking about it anymore, I knew that writing the thoughts down was a great idea. I credit Elin for that great suggestion. ;) The talk was great and I am still happy working, not that I wasn't before but reassurance is very helpful.
Thursday night we had my brother over for Survivor and that was great until he accidently broke my glider. I wish I could say I did not behave like a 5 year old, but I can't. I sobbed. He was very sorry and I accepted, but it still made me so sad! It's not even really mine, it's the baby's and I just could not hear B telling me that it was easily fixable until the next day. He has yet to fix it, but will later tonight. That same night B and I also agreed on the bedding we wanted to register for. Sports theme. No surprise there!
Mommies out there: why are breast pumps SO DAMN EXPENSIVE?!! At first I was thinking I could do a manuel pump but realized I will be pumping at night and that would really suck. But nearly $300 for a pump is SO CRAZY!! So, if you have a better idea, lay it on me!
Today has been gloomy for me. It is rainy and cold to match. It started out great with a nice breakfast with a family friend and I thought I would go get some new maternity tops. It seemed like the moment I stepped into my closet this morning nothing wanted to fit OR was warm enough for this crap weather. I nearly lost it there but B said I could go shopping so I was looking forward to that. I headed over to a consignment shop in town hoping to find some cheap finds and walked away with a tank, which I needed, but did not solve the warmth factor. I headed over to Motherhood next and paced around. Their clothes are so expensive! I came home with a long sleeved tee that is nice, but HUGE on me. I walked in the door, looked at B and lost it. I was so frustrated that my body, bank account, and personal style were not meshing! So I got online to Old Navy and found some great tops and spent less than $70! It was great. I will not be shopping in the stores anymore.
So that is about it. Nothing super exciting. As far as the babe goes, he is just moving around like crazy. I have started to notice his wake and sleep times. He does not wake me up at night, however I have dreams about him moving around and wonder if he really is....He is growing like crazy, hence my need for new clothes! Despite that small hurdle, I am doing great and very happy. Have a great Sunday!

9 comments:

Leave some Lovin!