Sunday, September 13, 2009

>This is What a Pregnant Craving Looks Like

>
(chocolate chip cookies and a la leche chunk of cake)

First of all, Kanye West is a dick! I have always loved his music but that duche has lost any respect I had for him. If you have no idea what I am talking about, I am sure you can google kanye+taylor swift and find the video on youtube.

Back to my most intense craving yet...
This would be a perfect Not Me! Monday post but I will just cut to the chase and admit the things I should be ashamed of.
I did express to B my need for cake, pronto.
I did tell him more than once over the next hour that I HAD to have cake, even if that meant it would be my dinner.
I did talk B into pausing his Resident Evil Zero game so that we could go to the store together to get me some cake and yes, my loving husband, obliged.
We did take the dogs with us, even if only for a 10 minute car ride, to get me some cake!
Once at the store, I did manage to read every label on every slice of cake multiple times, standing there for what felt like 10 minutes, just trying to decide what kind of cake I wanted. That, my friends, I had not thought of until I got there and no, I have never been smacked in the face so hard by indecision about something I wanted so badly.
B did happen to help me make up my mind on what I discovered a few moments later to be the best cake ever! ( not really, but that is what it seemed like at the time!)
And while waiting for B to pick out a drink, I did grab a package of chocolate chip cookies off the end cap because what is cake without cookies?
So that is what you see at the top, my dinner, with milk in the orange glass and The Time Traveler's Wife upside down on the right. A combination I found lovely.
Oh but don't worry, I did manage to balance all that sugar out with an orange. It was divine!

***

I have been having issues publishing my posts so that is why you did not see a 19 week update. I tried twice and finally gave up. I do not have that kind of patience anymore! So tomorrow you will see a 20 week post (HALFWAY already?!).
I spent my weekend with on of my most favorite people, J, and we had a wonderful time. I made a zesty lime dressing to go with our avocado salad (which, as I was falling asleep last night I realized I TOTALLY forgot to put bacon in it! dang it!). It was sooooooo yummmmmy!!! Then we watched The Reader, a movie I am not crazy about, but enjoyed watching with J. B came home from hanging with his friends and (here comes a tangent) had shaved his beard almost completely off!! I am about to totally knock a restaurant I usually love so here goes: Red Robin is a bitch! B has been there for over a year and a half and was sent home to shave his beard off! It was either "go home, shave, and come back" or "go home and don't come back". Yes, people, they would have fired him if he did not shave his beard! He is not a cook, so I do not see why that is even an issue! Grrr....hate them right now. I am sure when I am craving a Santa Fe burger I will get over it.
Anyway.....our night ended with the Rockies loosing (boo!) and going to bed.
This morning I made B breakfast in bed because J and I were off to walk in the Memory Walk, an organization to end/fight for a cure of Alzheimer's. This was my second year doing it and it was great! We walked and it was so nice to just chat. We took Tulo with us and did a great job once we were walking and moving through a place with a ton of new smells. The breakfast burritos were yummy and then we headed back home. J and I decided to go see Julie and Julia, very cute, and then I colored her hair! I can't believe how great it turned out! She went darker, which just makes her eyes pop! Love it! Then, we had to say goodbye. It was such a lovely weekend and much needed girly time for the both of us. My craving kicked in shortly after J left.

And on a final note, the NEW New Moon trailer shown on the MTV music awards is effing amazing!!! I was yelling and clapping so loud I scared the dogs. Can. Not. Wait!
Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!