Wednesday, September 23, 2009

>Our Beautiful Creation...

>
Proudly introducing our beautiful little BOY!


(head on right, you can see his profile and the torso swings up the left, like he's upside down)

(his profile)

(both hands are up, one nearly brushing his face)

(21 weeks! took this pic just before we left for the big appointment and yes, it was COLD yesterday!)

WOW!! What an incredible experience! I am going to write about every detail and while it might be boring to you, it was one of the most special days of our lives!
B and I started our day out by sleeping in, eating breakfast, and enjoying our new PS3 (B's baby daddy gift). We snuggled on the couch with the dogs as it was quite cold outside. After lunch I peed one last time at 1pm and then began my 32oz H2O binge. Drinking that much water was not as hard as I thought it would be. I paced myself and was able to finish right at 2:30, one hour before the appointment. While we waited, B played his Batman game and I watched House Bunny. Soon enough it was time to leave! We gathered the dogs and headed to the vet to pick up some meds for Butte (don't worry, she's fine...she will forever be incontinent due to a screw up during her spay as a puppy...oy).
We arrived at the office at 3:30 on the dot and only had to wait a few minutes before we were taken back to the ultra sound room. B had a seat behind the bed I was laying on and the tech was to my right so we could both see the screen really well. I had to take EVERYTHING off, minus the bra, and this was about the time I started to feel like I really need to pee. Before the tech started, who, by the way, is one of the sweetest people at the office, she told us that since we wanted to know the sex, she would determine it and keep it a secret to let my OB tell us afterwards. B did not hear this part...more on that in a bit.
My belly was gooed and it was finally time to see our baby! We were both so excited my blood pressure was a little high! First thing she did was find the heartbeat and there it was! Big and healthy! Then she started to take measurements. First the head, then the femur, and lastly the torso. Then she pointed out the kidneys, stomach and bladder. Both the stomach and bladder were full of that amniotic fluid it's drinking now. I have yet to feel hiccups.
Baby was moving around all over the place! Kicking and moving his hands and arms over his face like he was playing peek-a-boo. It was just adorable. B could not stop ooing and awwing and I was just as taken back as he was. That's our baby! Next the tech checked out the heart in more detail. We could see the valves flapping and pumping at 150 BPM (once she said this, I KNEW even more so that this babe was a boy!). Then we heard the HB and it was so beautiful! The rest of the appointment was mostly just watching the baby move around and be cute. She took a bunch of pictures for us. When we were finished I finally got to pee! At that point, I was in physical pain from such a full bladder. B asked the tech if she knew what the baby was and she said, "Oh yeah, since the beginning I've known. I can keep a secret!" See, B was not listening at the start...lol.
Once dressed she took my weight and took me to another room where the doctor came in and showed us the picture of our little boy! You really need to be a pro to have been able to see it but now that we have looked so much there is no mistaking this little man is definitely a BOY! I cried, which I did not think would happen seeing as how I had gone through the entire US without doing so. B is through the roof excited! The grin on his face is priceless.
We celebrated that night with my parents over dinner. I called several people showed off the pictures at work. I am thrilled, B is thrilled. We are speechless, really. There are no words to describe the feeling you get when you see your healthy baby moving around. Doc still thinks baby boy is a few days behind my actual due date but not enough to change it. We are not worried at all. This little man will show up in his own time and we can't wait to meet him!


(taken last week on our way to the hot tub. belly is a grown'!)

How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 15 pounds! where did those five pounds come from!?
Maternity clothes? loving all the ones I have, needing some warmer weather clothing soon...

Stretch marks? none. :)

Sleep: Great despite the once a night trip to the bathroom.

Best moment this week: duh! the ultrasound!

Movement: tons! the tech even said he is a little tap dancer! (B did not like this comment once he learned of a son...lol)

Food cravings: cookies, bbq chicken

Gender: BOY!!

Labor Signs: no way jose

Belly Button in or out? in, but it is no longer a cave...

What I miss: nothing! I am so happy I am just going to enjoy being pregnant!

What I am looking forward to: everything! life is so wonderful right now...

Weekly Wisdom: if you wait, baby will kick you!

***No, we are not revealing the name until he has entered this world so don't ask and if you do know, you better keep it a secret! ;) ***

7 comments:

Leave some Lovin!