Tuesday, March 9, 2010

>One Month Old!

>
My precious little boy is

ONE MONTH OLD!

I cannot avoid the cliche of OMG HOW TIME HAS GONE BY SOOOO FAST!
Not one part of my pregnancy went this quickly. I am not sure if it is because I rarely know what day or time it is and I eat when I'm hungry and sleep when he sleeps, which could mean I am eating breakfast at noon.

* Logan sleeps 2-4 hour stretches at night. He seems to think early morning is play time (4am-7am), however, last night he did manage to sleep a little longer until 6:30am with a nap after his 8am feeding. I feed him every morning at 8am no matter when he last ate or if he is sleeping. This is in hopes (fingers crossed!) that he might adapt to some kind of schedule. So far, that is working out great!

* He is eating about 3-4 ounces at a time. I am breast feeding, with the exception of a bottle by daddy in the mornings after I have pumped. I think about quitting everyday but then once I get going, I know I am being silly. It is a true love-hate relationship. I love the bonding time and watching Logan but I hate the physical pain! The pain is supposed to go away at some point...or so I've been told!

* Logan is in cloth diapers and I am sure that if her were in disposables he would be on the brink of graduating to size 1 diapers.

* Logan can follow our voices and respond to our facial expressions. He has given us a few smiles (like the one above!) but mostly purses his lips like a fish in interest. So cute!

* Logan can focus on colors and shapes. He loves staring at all the stripes in our couch pattern, a book with black and white shapes, and a picture hanging in our living room. He loves lights and things that make sounds.

* Logan LOVES his paci...we discovered how much he loves it the night Tulo ate it and he was none to happy about that! I quickly stocked up on several pacis the next day.

* Logan just had his first real bath and after the initial shock of being naked, he settled down and enjoyed the warmth.

* Logan stays awake for several hours at a time now and we love how happy this little guy is!

* He is wearing 0-3 month clothes now!

* He's a TOTAL mamma's boy!

On my end:

* I have lost over half of my baby weight, all by breast feeding and climbing 3 flights of stairs a few times a day!

* I have next to no pain from delivery. Every once in awhile I will get achy from being out and about for too long, but I mostly feel back to some kind of normal.

* I am still pretty emotional, however I can go more than a few days without crying and then one day it all just hits me and I am a blubbering mess. It does not matter what is making me cry. I just am.

* I hate that I have to go back to work (weeks I am not going to count) at some point. I love this too much.



2 comments:

Leave some Lovin!