Wednesday, March 17, 2010

>You know you live in Colorado when...

>
...Wednesday's forecast is a high of 70-something (SQUEEEEEL!!!) and Friday's forecast is a high if 18 (GASP!). We're talking a possible March blizzard here people just two days after the most beautiful weather all year so far. Not one friggin' cloud in the sky and just enough crispness in the air to feel fresh. Perfection...only to be ruined by bitter cold and snow in just a few days! AHHH! Logan has not seen snow since his birthday and even then he didn't actually see it. He was just born during a snow storm and I think the day after was a heat wave of 9 degrees.

I could actually keep going with my list, like if you use heat in the AM and AC in PM. I had the windows open all day. It was lovely.

Logan has been sleeping in his crib at night for a week now! I am very surprised by how soon I wanted to make that transition but I can tell you we are all sleeping a lot better because of it. I think he could hear us move around in bed and that would make him wake up and we could hear him make all his little sleepy baby sounds. Now we can keep a close ear on him with the monitor and he does great! And on his back nonetheless! He still gets up every 3 hours like clockwork and this morning he decided 5am was a great time to stay up so B got up with him until he had to go to work. He JUST fell asleep (it's 9am now). Awake for 4 hours.

I had a blubbering meltdown in a changing room at Old Navy yesterday for a few different reasons:
My former size 4 booty is now an 8/10.
We didn't have enough money for me to buy real jeans.
I am still wearing maternity jeans.
I still have 25 pounds to lose and I have not lost 1 pound in almost 2 weeks.

As you can see, I had several reasons to wallow. And it morphed into the evening when, after taking care of the dogs, the baby and myself all day B asked me to continue taking care of the dogs so he could lay on the couch. Yes, he had worked a 10 hour day, but I don't think he realizes how much work it is for me to continue breast feeding when it feels like glass is coming out of my nipples, how it takes me 1o minutes just to get Logan all set to let the dogs out for 5 minutes, how I chose to keep our house nice and picked up rather than sleeping so he would feel like I was actually doing something during the day. Yeah, I could go on but that was all I needed to cry all over again and then the most depressing thought hit me in that moment: I have to go back to work in less than 7 weeks. Talk about complete heartbreak. I have been trying not to think about it but my leave is almost already half over and I can't believe it! So that is all I am going to say about it. Too depressing.

Happy St Patty's Day!

4 comments:

Leave some Lovin!