Monday, March 22, 2010

>Dear Logan You're 6 Weeks Old!

>
My sweet boy,

You are 6 weeks old today. Six weeks ago, you came into this world on a snowy and cold evening. You were placed in my arms screaming as hard as your little lungs would let you and I kissed your wet head. In those six weeks, we have become serious buds. It is safe to say you are a true mama's boy. Daddy does his best to sooth you when you're fussing and will pass you off to me if you are just not having it and within seconds your big crocodile tears stop running down the sides of your face and you stare up at me with your big blue eyes in wonder. Yes, little Logan, I am your mama and I love you to pieces.

You're eyes are changing! When you were born you had deep-as-the-ocean blue eyes and now the coloring just outside your pupil is lightening up and I am very proud to say you have daddy's sunflowers. Only mommy knows about the sunflowers. I'll show you someday...

I have very few nick names for you, but the one I find myself repeating most is "Little Logan". You have been my little peanut from the very beginning and all who meet you comment on how small and sweet you are. You are growing now, which is wonderful to witness. I bet you are almost eight and a half pounds. Your adorable cloth diapers are starting to fit you much better now and sometime last week I started letting you hang out in just a onesie. I love touching your sweet toes and standing you up. You have such strong legs and neck control. You are starting to focus on your play mat toys and coo at us. You makes us smile every day!

We have taken you several places now. You went to church for the first time yesterday. We took you to Ash Wednesday when you were 2 weeks old but your first real church service was yesterday. You slept through most of it and let everyone coo over you. I love showing you off to all of our friends and family. You are a real charmer.

On Saturday we are taking you to the mountains for the first time. We are going to Steamboat, a beautiful ski town where I lived for several years and where mommy and daddy got married. We have not been back since we were married and we cannot wait to share that special place with you! You will get to meet some more family members and experience some serious snow.

The last six weeks have been the best and hardest weeks of my life. You are the greatest joy your daddy and I have ever experienced and we love watching you learn and grow and can't wait to see how you change over the next several months.

We Love you,

Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!