Monday, October 19, 2009

>25 Week Baby Shower

>
Hello Sister Friends!!

I have been in the BEST mood for the last several days and I cannot thank you all enough for lifting me up. Your words of encouragement are BEYOND helpful and I pray I continue to feel this great for the rest of the pregnancy.

Over the weekend I had my first baby shower on the other side of the mountains and it was perfect! Side story: I went to college in this lovely town for nearly 3 years and in that time walked away with some of the best girl friends I could ask for. They were bridesmaids in my wedding, one was a maid of honor who now lives a little closer to me, and the other girls that joined us have been friends since the early days of college (I can't believe freshman year was SEVEN years ago!). Anyway, two of this lovely ladies still live in this town with their families and having a weekend with them was exactly what I needed.
Bestie, my mom and MIL loaded up Saturday morning and hit the high way for a 4 hour drive through the most beautiful driver EVER! I-70 is my most favorite drive in all of Colorado between Denver and Glenwood Springs. We had a snow storm last weekend that killed all our trees and so we missed out on all the colors. Check this out:

SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

Once we checked into our hotel we went to walk around the college. A TON has changed. They have built several new buildings and dorm halls. It looks great! Then we ventured down town to see some more beautiful colors and window shop for a bit. Later we met up at Ashley's house where they were recovering from a sad, SAD loss: OU vs Texas. Next time Boomers, next time! We watched her husband train their dog to fetch ducks that were not real and then headed down to the restaurant where we met up with Kathleen and her family. It was the best! The only thing missing was my dear hubby. He would have come had he not had to film a hockey game that night. Bestie and I then dropped the moms off at the hotel and watch Juno at Ashley's. I will be Juno for Halloween so it was a great way to do a little homework! What a cute movie!
The next day was baby shower day! We all took our time getting up and ready. Here is a pre-baby shower shot:

That top is one of my new Old Navy buys and I LOVE it! So then it was time to leave. We checked out of the hotel, loaded up the car and.....discovered a FLAT TIRE! Could this have been a WORSE day or time for this to happen?? I don't think so! MIL had to stay back until Road Side Rescue showed up to put the spare on and even though Ashley picked us up, I did not let anything fun happen until she got there nearly an hour later. We all felt so terrible it just was not right to play a game. So we just chatted which was great because I rarely get to see most of these girls that it was just the way it was supposed to be. MIL showed up and then it was time to start!!


Kathleen had a bunch of fun games planned! The first one we played was a 5 in 10 game where she gave us a category, like Diaper Brands, and name as many as we could in 10 seconds. It was hard! But I did win 2 of the 4 categories. Then we did this:

Kathleen had everyone guess how big around my belly is by TP squares and Jessica won! I am 10 1/2 so far...lol. Then Kathleen fed me baby food and I had to guess what it was:

First was squash, which I guessed was pumpkin, next was green beans, which I guessed was peas, and lastly was pears, which I guessed correctly!

After the games we opened gifts. I will post pictures of those later. I am going to put the nurser together and show some of those things off then. MIL got us a new crib mattress and we got a TON of new clothes! It was so wonderful!! I love these ladies so much!!

Some quick stats:

How far along? 25 weeks!! Seriously?! Where the heck is the time going!! I can't believe it!
Total weight gain/loss: Not sure...I have a weigh in today with the doctor so I am going to guess about 17 total...
Maternity clothes? YES! I really like my new Old Navy clothes. Too cute!

Stretch marks? none. :)

Sleep: Getting a little more uncomfortable. I wake up every time I roll over and that is annoying.

Best moment this week: Baby shower!

Movement:Lots. He was going nuts when my mom was talking to him on Friday night.

Food cravings: cookies, bbq chicken

Gender: BOY!!

Labor Signs: no way jose

Belly Button in or out? in, though not for long! that once deep space is now just a pot hole.

What I miss: a solid nights sleep

What I am looking forward to: everything! i can't wait to meet this little nugget.

Weekly Wisdom: Positive thinking and prayer really does lead to less tears.

4 comments:

Leave some Lovin!