Monday, October 26, 2009

>26 Weeks

>
{friday morning sunrise}



How far along? 26 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: roughly 22 pounds
Maternity clothes? yep, loving my yoga pants!
Sleep: this past week was a challenge. one night i would sleep well, and then the next it was the worst night ever. more or less due to the INSANE RLP I've been having...
Best moment this week: sitting on the couch with B WATCHING my belly move

Movement: this kid is a break dancer. I am pretty much tell when he is up and when he is sleeping now.

Food cravings: sweets, milk, pizza, pancakes

Gender: BOY!!

Labor Signs: nope. I was checked last week due to the pain RLP was causing and we are solid. no worries there!

Belly Button in or out? in, but not for long

What I miss: sleeping comfortably through the night. i am not sure if this will ever happen again.

What I am looking forward to: starting 3rd tri next week!

Weekly Wisdom: trust my guts, no matter what the news or other people say. I know what God has planned, I just need to listen and trust in it.

I feel like I have been on a roller coaster all week. Let's start with Monday. I passed my glucose test which was great. Found out I had gained almost 6 pounds in 4 weeks. Wowza. And the round ligament pain (RLP) continued. I have been dealing with this for about 3 weeks now. When I first called the nurse she said it was most likely baby boy's position: sitting like a V with his butt wedged into my pelvic region. So. Uncomfortable. So I tried yoga, and walking, and even had my mom talk to him to get him to move around. He did. YAY! Did the pain go away? NO! Sure it helped having him move, but the general pain was still there and the intensity would fluctuate from mild to intense. Today, it's mild. But Saturday? I thought I was being stabbed in my thighs. Yep, that pain radiates all the way into my inner thighs making it nearly impossible to stand or walk. I begged B to bring me some IB Profin to which he gave me a giant guilt trip about how my body is "preparing for labor and that while it sucks, I should just hang in there...". Right. So I ate some lunch and the pain did subside...long enough for me to get home from work to lay on the couch, fearing the possibility of more pain. It came and went and I did actually get through it without taking anything. Yay me. Our Bradley class is really rubbing off on B. While he might not admit it, I know he is really enjoying the class. We really are learning so much and it has become a special time for us together.

I went nearly 2 weeks without crying and then it hit me again about mid week that I was, and still am, quite sad about having to sell my Hanson tickets. While this might sound lame, they do happen to be the band I grew with up and the band I still love. Why am I not going? It's a tough one. I have yet to get the H1N1 vac (one which I am still not sure I WILL get) and so to keep healthy I have just been avoiding all these very heavily populated areas where people go to even when they are sick. B has even been doing the grocery shopping, which is awesome, and I think last night was the last time we will be going out to dinner. It sucks, but it is a sacrifice worth taking to protect me and my baby. I hate getting sick and would hate it even more if I did while pregnant. That is why I am making this sacrifice of not going to to the show. I know it is the best decision, but I hate feeling like I am going to miss them. I went last year and it was the best show I had been to in a VERY long time. My entire soul was on fire. It was incredible. B has promised that the next time they are in town we will go. He is the best husband ever and is even a little sad for me that I am doing this. But I lost it the other day. I cried over Hanson, like I was 13 all over again. Oy.

I had a giant urge to nest yesterday so I gathered all the bottles we have been given so far, washed them and stored them in the kitchen with all the bibs we have gotten as well. We are making room for baby and it feels SO GOOD! I was on top of laundry like I never have been before. The house is clean. Could not ask for anything better! I hope you have all had a great weekend. Take care and God Bless!

2 comments:

Leave some Lovin!