Thursday, October 29, 2009

>The Power of Prayer

>
You're all amazing. The last two days have been GREAT! I have had hardly any RLP (of course, after going to the doc...lol) and have so much peace! Let me back up a bit. I went to the doc on Tuesday because I was convinced the terrible pain I was experiencing was in no way RLP. I had to hear it again to be sure that there was nothing else going on. That day I had been bent over in pain that was radiating into my back and I had enough. I made an appointment for right after work, picked up B and we were on our way. We got to the office and waited only a few minutes. They had asked me to not pee so I could give a urine sample to check for an infection so I really could not wait to get that over with. The nurse took us back, I peed, and we waited. My BP was 110/66 which is where it has been the majority of my pregnancy and I had gained only half a pound in the last week.

Before checking my urine the nurse asked me if I wanted the H1N1 vaccine. WHOAH! That came out of left field! I was so not expecting that and looked at B. We had not made a decision about that yet and had spent the night before with my parents talking about everything. I have been plagued by this decision for nearly 3 months going back and forth as to why I should or should not get it. Due to the increase in my anxiety these days, I really needed to find some peace with this. It was not something I wanted to keep mulling over and we made a decision.
I got the vaccine and I feel great about that decision. It was something that I felt in my heart and B was very supportive. I am writing this mearly for journaling's sake and I do not want to open a can of worms here. If you know me personally, I would be happy to talk about it, but I do not want to be patronized or criticized. If you disagree, please keep it to yourself. I am sorry if that sounds harsh, but I am keeping all negative things out of sight, out of mind as much as possible. I prayed over this for months, daily to find peace and I have it now.

The doc came back in and urine was clean. No infections which is great. And yes, I just happen to have a severe form of RLP. So I finally caved and took some IB profin, as recommend of course, and while it took some time to kick in, I was finally starting to feel better. I took a bath, B gave me a back rub, we practiced the relaxing methods we have learned from Bradley and within and hour I was on my feel making the best chili ever.

Baby L has been jumping around like crazy. I can almost pinpoint the time of day when he will start to stir and when he will quiet down and since he is so active during the day I am praying it will stay that way when he arrives.

Some prayer requests:
1) Continued prayer for the RLP to stay at bay. It may have been great the last few days, but it can still rear it's ugly head.
2) A coworker of mine was just put on bed rest due to preeclampsia at 32 weeks. She and baby are doing well, just needs to slow down. Pray she stays strong and finds small things to keep her mind busy at home.
3) Stellan. You all know who I'm talking about and if you don't, click on his button on the right side of the page. He is very VERY sick with SVT and what may or may not be something else. And today he is celebrating his 1 year birthday in a hospital bed. Poor guy. Pray his family can stay strong and positive.
4) More snow! I know, I am a FREAK! I love the snow. We have about 28 inches since yesterday and it is SO beautiful! On that note, pray people drive safely in the snow. Some dumbass decided to drive DRUNK last night and cause a MAJOR rollover accident last night. Seriously??
5) Lift up your prayer requests. I want to pray for you folks as well. You all mean a lot to me. I hope you are all doing well. Take Care!

Love, S.

3 comments:

Leave some Lovin!