Monday, March 5, 2012

spring...is almost here?

Yesterday, it was nearly 65* outside! I was elated, however, we did not venture out until after Logan's nap. I was too busy with laundry, napping, and watching Parenthood. We have two dogs and when one has two dogs that means twice the amount of food which then means twice the amount of poo...and we have no picked any of it up since it started snowing in, like, October. I was tired of staring out my kitchen window into a stick and poop-filled yard so I put on my leggings, old shoes and we (Logan and I) headed outside with the dogs. It was such a beautiful day! The fact that I was cleaning up dog schtuff nearly escaped me.

After 45 minutes of poop-scooping, I had myself a large trash bag of nearly 20 pounds (NOT KIDDING!) of poo. Nasty. Logan played with his toys and threw sticks for the dogs. Then I grabbed our rake and cleared the entire yard of all the sticks and leaves that have fallen throughout the winter. Our first few snows caused lots of tree damage and now it's all in one spot for B and our landlord to clear out.

It felt great being outside and opening the windows to get the fresh air in and any germs out. We're all feeling much better, but allergy season is now upon us so hopefully no more sickies.

I'm going to share a major TMI side effect regarding my meds. Just to warn ya.

I am soooo gassy! It's unreal. I have not had this bad of gas since I was pregnant! It smells sooooo bad and I'm embarrassed to be around anyone, fearing I'd totally stick them out. Eeewww. I'm also still not sleeping great, quite dizzy, and nauseous. Hopeing that this is the last week of all that crap. But the pain is gone, mostly!

3 comments:

Leave some Lovin!