Saturday, May 14, 2011

Daycare, revisited.

>
Logan has officially been in daycare for a month now. His start was more than rough and now that the biting has stopped, we are in full blown separation anxiety mode. I kick myself because I always bragged about how well Logan did with other people when he was younger. He never cried when we'd leave him with a sitter or my parents. He was such a happy guy and now that he is old enough to notice our absence he wastes no time expressing his anger over it.

The rip-your-heart-out-don't-leave-me cry slapped me in the face two weeks ago Friday. Logan is usually one of the first kids at daycare when I drop him off and I wonder if that makes it harder for him. He doesn't have the distraction of the other kids to play with and so far he could care less about the toys. Since then, he beings to cry the moment we walk into his classroom. I take his coat off and grab his paci to help comfort him. He's still crying when we get into the other classroom with his morning teacher whom I really like. She is sweet and does her best to help Logan calm down. I never have enough time to stay there until he's better but maybe that is a good thing. I literally have to set him down and dash out the door without looking back just so I can keep it together. All while he is screaming his little head off.

Logan's teachers reassure me that within five minutes he isn't crying and is happily playing. I believe them and I believe that this is the right daycare for Logan. The first week was gut-wrenching but I am glad we did not jump ship. I am usually a "trust your gut" type woman and while I was worried about Logan's safety, deep down I knew it would all pass. And it has. Logan is still sad when we leave but I know it will get better. Thankfully, none of this has caused me to regret the job change. Adjusting to working during the day was hard (I was napping with Logan every day!) but the job has been amazing! I used to hate hospitals. I would get a terrible feeling all over when I walked into one and it was not until a friend had a baby 6 years ago and I visited her did I get over that phobia.

Overall, daycare and work are getting better. Each day is new and different.

***

On a side note, I spent 5 hours packing with my MIL and we did an awesome job! Just a few things left in Logans room, our entire bedroom, some bathroom things, and then all the dry foods. Moving next Saturday! Can't wait. :)

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!