Sunday, July 7, 2013

4th Sunday


Whew! Today was the 4th Sunday that I have spent alone with both kids. B works every Sunday and he had the first 3 weeks off. The first few Sundays were really hard. I had no idea what to do with myself or the kids. I kept fretting over messes and limiting Logan in his requests for anything and everything. Then, maybe last Sunday, I threw my hands up and said eff it (in my head, not out loud) and decided I could care less what the house or what Logan does on Sundays as long as he is safe and he's not doing or eating things he shouldn't. He wants chocolate milk 3 times? Fine. Painted Butte with orange paint? Whatever. Watching hours of TV/movies? Not a big deal. I need this stuff to keep us all sane. And I can manage most of his requests with Evie attached to one side of the milk bar. ANNND Logan is pretty self-sufficient now so if he wants to go out back to play in his water table, he can or if he wants to color he can get his supplies out himself. All of this to say, he has issues with cleaning up... so I may say yes to 99% of everything he asks to do, but then his follow through on cleaning up is terrible and it's just a battle I am not willing to fight with a newborn hanging off my arm. Not yet anyway.

Evelyn is 7 weeks old tomorrow. We are on downslop of the countdown of my going back to work and that's all I'm going to say about that. She has started to sleep 4-5 hours at night which feels great! I have about 150oz of milk in the freezer for her. Pretty awesome my body made all of it. Her little personality is starting to come through. She is a total "hold-me" baby. She hates being in her car seat most of the time. She can eat and be done in less than 10 minutes. She has had more blow out diapers in her 7 weeks of life than Logan ever had while he was in diapers for 2 years. She loves her baths, which Logan still is not a fan of to this day despite his affinity towards water in general. The stoke bite over her left eye gets really dark sometimes and looks like she has a black eye. Neither of us are on a schedule and I love it. I wish I had been more relaxed about that with Logan.

Shameless plug: check out my midwife blog. I have a lot of new readers and I'm not sure all of you know that I have a separate blog to talk about all things pregnancy, childbirth, etc with tons of links and articles on the subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!