Wednesday, June 27, 2012

at the beach


On Thursday, the day after our arrival, we were aching to see the ocean. Logan had never been and even though the clouds were hanging around, it was still warm and humid. B and I, along with our cousins, walked down to the beach after lunch, talking along the way. Again, the fact that we were able to spend so much quality time together is priceless. I will never forget any of the time we had together!



At the boardwalk we left the stroller and our shoes. I rolled my pants up, along with Logan's, thinking just our toes would touch the water. I set Logan in the sand and he began to whine right away. This kid, friends, hates weird things on his feet. He has to get used to it before he accepts that sand is a normal, yet weird, thing to walk on. I had to carry him to where the high tide had left a row of shells. I grabbed a big one and showed him how to scoop the sand and dig a hole. He was hooked. He played with the shell until we were ready to show him the water.




Everyone had spread out. B and I really made this moment special by just being together and as encouraging as possible for Logan. He is still in an anti-bath phase, and yet he loves playing in his water table. I lifted him up and as the wave came back to us I dipped his toes in. He was screaming at me, but as soon as the wave went away he began to giggle. I set him down and showed him how to run away from the wave and that was it: Logan was in love with the ocean. His shrieking giggle carried over the water, I'm sure heard a mile away. A few times, he lost his balance and ended up getting really wet. I had not prepared for that so a diaper and sweat shirt had to do.











We snapped as many photos of this memorable experience as we could. B even took a video of us. Being with our family in such a beautiful place makes my heart melt just thinking about how much fun we had. I cannot begin to describe how much I will cherish this day, and every other one, spent on the beach in New Jersey.

2 comments:

Leave some Lovin!