Tuesday, July 26, 2011

New Home Reveal: The Living Room

Our living room has finally taken the shape and desire that we have been hoping for and I am very excited to share this special room with everyone. Over the years we have collected pictures and mementos, things which I was no sure how I was going to fit into the small space of our 1000 square foot home. Then I discovered Pinterest and with that learned that the new, fun, hip, designer thing to do is a wall photo collage. I showed B a few of the collages I had found on Pinterest and he was totally into it. So a few nights ago after Logan went to bed we poured some wine, turned up The Strokes and began putting our wall together. Our house has a bit of an odd shape, one which is rather difficult to fill certain spaces and I am positive that without this awesome idea this wall would be super boring.

This room is our be-all room. We are in this room 98% of our day and I really wanted it to be something that was comfortable. I am not crazy about the TV on the coffee table but we have to work with what we have for now. Also, the curtains came with the house and we have every intention of personalizing those as well. Our landlord as given us free-rain on what we chose to do as far as decorating and painting goes. Since the collage wall is up I have no plans on painting it, although I do have plans of painting a few of the brown frames random colors to make them pop more.

Our couch is our newest addition, one of our biggest purchases since we married almost 3 years ago. We had lived on college and hand-me-down furniture since then and could not way to literally put our feet up. The couch is a chocolate brown microfiber which is super easy to clean (my biggest concern), comfortable AND reclines on both ends. We love it.

There are some quirky things about the house especially being that it is 66 years old. The first day we were here I pulled the metal latch on the window up to open it and it broke off in my hands. The screen on the back door has nearly come all the way off due to high traffic from the dogs and Logan. If the big door is open then Logan will throw toys inside or outside. Silly man! There are a few cracks in the ceiling from water damage and we are really hoping that once winter hits that there won't be any roofing issues. So far with all the rain we have had that has not been an issue. The carpet is super old and at the seems, like where it meets the kitchen linoleum you can feel the staples. That is annoying. The one and only light fixture in this room is inside the ceiling and was so dim that B put in a better energy efficient bulb and even still we need lamps.

I love that I can open the windows on both ends of the house and feel a wonderful cross breeze, especially in the mornings. We don't have AC so it's super important to keep things as cool as possible.

Next up: the kitchen and bathroom! Stay tuned. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!