Thursday, February 18, 2010

>All I Wanna Do is Poo

>
OMG! I can't poo and it is killing me! I have been cramped up and keeled over all day and in tears out of frustration. I took some milk of magnesia and it helps but I don't want take too much as it will make Logan have diarrhea. Gross. I am pretty sure the percocet is what has backed me up. I was getting so achy from some increased activity over the last few days and upped what I was taking to stave off the pain and well here I am.

Constipation has not been the only postpartum symptom that has not fun. Logan came out sunny side up (facing the ceiling) and did quite a number on my urethra. I was almost completely incontinent for the first week after he was born. That has gotten better but how about that irony? Incontinent to constipated?? Nice. The bleeding as not been to bad and I had my stitches checked yesterday and things are going good there. They should be dissolved by this time next week.

Side from the healing woes, our time home has been great! My milk came in a few days ago and the engorgement has already gone away. He is a champion eater! We weighed him on Tuesday and he was 6.8 pounds and again yesterday and he was 6.11 pounds! He gained 3 ounces in one day! He has been sleeping great the last few nights. He sleeps in good 3-4 hour spurts, wakes up to eat for 30min to an hour and back down he goes. When he is awake he is the happiest baby! He only cries when he is hungry or getting a diaper change. He also hates his baths. Last night we took him to church for Ash Wednesday and he woke up and just stared at the lights. He did not make a peep and just enjoyed the music. He was perfect! He literally waited until we were in the car to cry due to him being hungry. I love him so much! B is a great daddy. He loves holding him and trying to crack a smile out of him. He helps with the diaper changes and gets Logan out of bed in the middle of the night for feedings. My boys are wonderful! Logan met his great-grandparents today and he did great. He was awake and just checking them out until he got hungry.

Being a mommy is the best job I've ever had and I would not change a thing.

4 comments:

Leave some Lovin!