Friday, August 12, 2011

18 months old-lotsa pictures!

oh.my.stars.



(playing with Butte-kid has an arm on him)

Logan turned 18 months old on Monday. Is this for real?? My squishy little newborn baby is now a toddling, tail-pulling, tantrum-throwing, hug-giving, self-feeding, nearly-talking little boy who just so happens to have the most heart-melting smile in the world.

Notice anything different? Why yes, Logan got a hair cut by none other than yours truly. I just buzzed it and he did great! Didn't cry and was very patient with me. Shorter hair makes him look even OLDER and more like a toddler. What a little ham, though. His eyes just pop and OMG he has the longest eyelashes. Yes, I am totally bragging about my kid.

(lovies with mama)

Life with a toddler only gets better, really. I know that it *may*get worse (hear the optimism in my voice here people) and that's okay. He's learning how to be a person and that is such an amazing thing to witness, even if it means thrashing and hitting and constantly pulling him off the TV stand. He'll get it.

(water color painting-very artistic just like daddy!)

The last month has been a little chaiotic but we are settling into our new home nicely and we know Logan loves his back yard. He takes chalk and marks it all over himself, the dogs, the chairs, the siding of the house, and of course the sidewalk. He throws sticks at the dogs and thinks squirting Butte in the face with a squirt gun is the funniest thing known to man. His belly laugh just about kills me. I love it.



(monkey shots)

Daycare is going great. He rarely ever cries when we drop him off. A few things we've noticed that help this transition is to let him walk into the classroom holding our hand. He feels like he has more control of the situation and welcomes it more easily. Also if the kids are sitting down for breakfast I'm pretty much forgotten. He immediatly sits in his chair and waits patiently for the teachers to bring him his food. When we pick him up he RUNS to us, giggling the whole way into our arms. The excitement makes our hearts burst. We missed him just as much as he missed us. Logan has been going 3 days a week which has worked out well for us financially and we LOVE the social, creative, and developmental things he is learning as well.

Sleep has been wonderful. He sleeps 10-12 hours a night and even in the mix of cutting his very last 1 year molar he has only cried out once or twice and soothes himself back to sleep quickly.

Things we're working on:

  • The Paci: We had been doing really well there for awhile and then I got sick and it just wiggled it's way out of the drawer. Dang it.

  • The Bottle: We have not been very pushy about this with Logan. He only gets it for his am and pm milk and uses a sippy for the rest of the day. However, I noticed that at night he is still picky about having his milk in a bottle, not the sippy.

  • The Potty: Ever so slowly am I starting to introduce the idea to Logan. I have been sitting him on the toilet for a minute, or as long as he will sit there, before and after his bath. It does not seem to scare him which is great and all I am trying to do is get him used to the idea. We don't expect anything yet and know it's going to be a long process.

  • Talking: Logan has really started to say more, even through signing. He can sign more than he can say but new words this month were "duck" and "out" for outside. Go figure.




(exactly 1 year ago)

Most recently we have started to let Logan feed the dogs in the morning and evening. He LOVES having a job. The kid practly jumps out of his skin he is so excited to help mama out. I fill the cup and he carries it over to the bowl. If he spills a little he picks them up and puts the pieces in the bowl, rather than eating it (which he was doing). Then he puts the cup away and claps for a job well done. I love it.



(1 year old with monkey)

I've decided that after this month I will no longer refer to his age in months. I will say "he's a year and a half" or "almost two". Saying in this manner makes him seem so much older, as if referring to months actually makes it still seem like he's a baby. It's a growing process for both of us. I cannot believe that he is more than half way to two now.

This age is so fun. SO FUN!

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!