Tuesday, April 24, 2012

little big boy


Here is my newborn son at 2 weeks old, fast asleep in the swing his Lolly and Pop gave him. He loved his swing as a baby and as he grew, he grew out of it. When we moved, we packed it into the shed, saving it for out next child.


A month ago, a dear friend asked if I'd watch her son on Saturdays. I was elated! He's 3 months old and the perfect way for me to get my newborn fix. He enjoys his swing at home so we brought out the swing and cleaned it up. Logan, had other plans:



Wow. Big boy loves his swing! I think the fact that he's still below 30 pounds allows him to enjoy it without the fear of breaking it. He loves playing with the buttons for the music and changing the speeds. I love watching him enjoy something that started out as his bed. It was the only way we could get him to sleep at night for the first few weeks which meant we did not get much sleep ourselves.


As a two year old, Logan has grown and changed so much in the last few months. I've been terrible at documenting some of those milestones, so here are just a few:




  • Flew a kite all by himself the day before Easter (and LOVED it!)

  • Peed in the potty--twice!

  • Drinks out of a cup well (but not regularly)

  • Puts 2-3 words together (juice mama please)

  • knows opposites (up/down, on/off, in/out, hot/cold)

  • counts to 3

  • learning his colors (gets red right just about every time)

  • learning A,B,Cs

  • mastered going down the slide without fear

  • got a haircut by his auntie m


Some things he's not so fond of:




  • His bath....ugh this makes me so sad! He HATES taking a bath now and I have no idea why.

  • Doing anything we ask him not to do (aka: NO NO NO!)

  • Going to bed by himself. We've never co-slept and suddenly Logan has become very upset at night if I don't lay down with him. I obliged two times (TWO!) and now I started a habit he becomes desperate for.

  • Having things put into his nose. We went to the ENT last week and they stuck a camera up his nose to see his adenoids. It was miserable for both of us.

  • Waiting for anything. Period.

  • Not being in my arms 99% of the time. Okay, 80% but it is exhausting! I love this little man so much but I can barely get the dishes done without him pulling on my leg.


This summer is going to be wonderful. We're going on a family vacation in June and as Logan learns more and more, he becomes more fun. More difficult, too, but it all balances itself out. He's a true blessing!

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!