Thursday, April 15, 2010

>I think I am over blog titles...

>
Why helllooooooo bloggies! I think having a baby has made me forget how to blog. Sure, I've got lots to say, but very little time and a lack of articulation to do so. Ugh, frustrating. So here goes....

Logan is two months old! In fact, he hit that mark a week ago and I have taken a ton of pics since that big milestone. The next few pics were taken at the pedi's office while we were waiting....and waiting...and waiting!! So here I am, new mommy, nervous as all heck about his first shots so I get to the office early at 1:45 for a 2pm appointment. At 2:15 we were finally brought back. The nurse did her thing, I undressed Logan and we sat to wait. Doc came in at 3!!! She was with us 20 minutes and I really like her. She answered all my questions and said Logan looks great. She ordered his shots and said it would be a few minutes. FOURTY-FIVE MINUTES LATER....the nurses effing forgot about us!! And here I am, nearly starving Logan because I wanted to nurse him right after to comfort him. Well he could not wait any longer so I fed him and then I went out in the hall and asked the nurses when he would be getting his vaccines....we had been waiting for almost and hour!! I was sooo mad. Like, mad does not even come close to how I felt. Fortunately, Logan was a champ. He cried for less than a minute and then was fine for a good hour once we got home. Then he began to fuss and ran a temp so I gave him some Tylenol and was all better. He slept okay. For several nights prior to his shots, he had been sleeping 6-7 hour stretches and that night he was up every 3.

Over the weekend we found out my brother got a really good new job and needed a car. He sold his car almost a year ago and his new job is in the next town over. So my dad called and offered to pay off the rest of our car if we "gave" it to my brother. B and I talked it over and we're going to try it out for this month before I go back to work. We are not sure how having one car will work out once I do go back but until then, we are a one car family. This has been no problem for us, but OMG has it totally thrown off Logan's schedule. Just when I think, nah there's no way Logan knows that I am trying to get him on a schedule, he totally proves me wrong. Because we only have one car right now, I have been taking B to work in the morning. We leave just after 7am and prior to this new routine, this was when Logan was usually eating or just nodding off for a morning nap. Every day this week, he has been thrown off and that tiny adjustment in the morning has changed our entire day. Even our nights got worse with him waking up every 3-4 hours again.

Our schedule was pretty solid. I had started several weeks ago to get him on an eat-play-sleep schedule. This worked out great during the day and I believe it is the reason he was nearly sleeping through the night at 8 weeks old. Since this week has been wacky, he has been doing an eat-sleep-eat-play schedule and when he does sleep, it's only for a half hour or so. His lack of sleep has made him super fussy and made me super frustrated.

Add to this mess that Logan may have reflux AND is hitting a growth spurt all at once. CRAZY WEEK!!! He has been throwing up after eating, screaming out for no reason (something he has never done), arching his back, has wicked hiccups, and gags quite often on spit up. So I am taking him to the doc later today to try and figure out what is going on. I thought maybe there might be something wrong with my milk. I thought about things I have been eating and honestly, nothing is different. His nursing has been fitful and frustrating for both of us. I worry we may need to supplement with formula, but as long as it helps his tummy then I am okay with it.

So, since momma has had a hard week, I am going to be leaving him with daddy tomorrow night to spend an evening with a dear friend to crochet, chat, and have a glass of wine or two and I cannot wait! Sure I am a little nervous to leave Logan, but I know I need to practice for when I go back to work in less than a month and I know he and Daddy will have a great time. I am making B do everything tonight in the way of the night time routine so that if he has questions I will be there to help out.

Now here are some fun pics of my sweet lil boy. Lots of Love.


Fist Pump!

Tummy time!


Two months old!

Snuggling with Tulo.

At a Breast Cancer Benefit at New Belgium. I LOOOOOVE me some Sunshine!

Crashed out in our bed.

See that scratch over his eye? He screamed when he did it and then I promptly clipped his nails.

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!